Audio Sound card for Z5500

yadusaiyan

Disciple
i have Z5500 Up till now i was using it with onboard sound card
I play a lot of games and also hear music.
Will an dedicated souncard make a huge difference ??
OR a onboard soundcard should be enough.
If it makes a huge difference Please suggest some soundcard less than <=Rs5000.
2)I heard that at 25% volume the z5500 is very loud enough but i dont think so ,is it due to the onboard soundcard.
3)Also anyone having Z5500 in stereo x2 mode is the sound loudness from rear and front speakers system differs bcause my rear speakers are twice or more times louder than front speakers in stereo x2 mode.:huh:

Which type of connection are you using..If it is optical as it is many times mentioned in this forum there would not be much difference

Auzentech X-fi prelude 7.1 is also a very good option in fact better than Asus Xonar... not sure of the price tag and availability in india. Z 5500 with this sound card combo will tremble your room

yadu,

Anything is louder when u use stereoX2 , in stereo - no.

But yes 50% volume will be pretty high for a normal bedroom(assuming u r using in one). From a good sound card you will get a refreshing change and yes good loudness will also be felt dude, owing to better signal sent to 5500.

Do not use too much man, hurts hearing and this speaker system can go real loud but I have used it though many times.:p

anooj30299301 said:
yadu,

Anything is louder when u use stereoX2 , in stereo - no.

But yes 50% volume will be pretty high for a normal bedroom(assuming u r using in one). From a good sound card you will get a refreshing change and yes good loudness will also be felt dude, owing to better signal sent to 5500.

Do not use too much man, hurts hearing and this speaker system can go real loud but I have used it though many times.:p
i wanted to know that if rear speakers producing louder sound twice or more
than front speakers in stereox2 is normal or not
Also in realtek test the sound from rear is also very louder i thought that it should be same as front speaker is it the way it is meant i.e front has lower sound than rear speakers

Mate,when i used the Z5500 with the Onboard SupremeFX II sound card that came with my motherboard, the sounds were pretty damn damn low regarding to what those 505W RMS babies can actually put out.I could easily turn the volume to full sometimes in the speakers and say it was NOT too much.

But once the Xonar D2X(or any dedicated sound card should do-have used a Xonar DX,D2x,Creative Xtremegamer and Xtrememusic with the same speakers) rolls in, the entire scene changes.3 - 4 bars in the speaker becomes high and u will think twice before hitting 50% of the speaker output. and the speaker channel sound distribution becomes MUCH better with a dedicated sound card,u can really feel the 5.1 audio as compared to an onboard sound card.

@Kishore.Chander's suggestion: That card is also awesome, really awesome.....but way out of ur budget @ almost 9k AFAIK.In ur budget, best bet will be a Xonar DX or some Creative Titanium(don't know much about their new variants).

@OP: If your motherboard has an optical/coaxial out, use that. It doesn't make a difference if you connect the speakers using the digital input from the onboard audio or any other sound card since the signal is decoded by the speakers' DAC.

Which's your motherboard?

Gannu said:
@OP: If your motherboard has an optical/coaxial out, use that. It doesn't make a difference if you connect the speakers using the digital input from the onboard audio or any other sound card since the signal is decoded by the speakers' DAC.

p45 platinum it has spdif output

And if i bought the appropriate cable then will it produce near (at least 70% to) the asus xonardx

Or should i buy xonardx as said by redbull

yadusaiyan said:
p45 platinum it has spdif output
gannu can u tell me that spdif output means coaxial or any other cable cause when i tried to insert toslink cable it was not going inside.
And if i bought the appropriate cable then will it produce near (at least 70% to) the asus xonardx
Or should i buy xonardx as said by redbull

Try Audigy value 7.1 to see the difference betweeen onboard and dedicated then switch to Xonar Dx ......Its a shame for a good speakers not to have good source

Xfi Titanium-4.8k is also good.

This is very weird, it should be the other way round. I've never owned the Z5500 but can u make sure the speakers are connected properly.

yadusaiyan said:
3)Also anyone having Z5500 in stereo x2 mode is the sound loudness from rear and front speakers system differs bcause my rear speakers are twice or more times louder than front speakers in stereo x2 mode.:huh:

I used the toslink optical cable and there is improvement over analog

but as gannu said that if optical output is used there is no need of dedicated soundcard

Or dedicated soundcard digital output is superior to onboard optical output

^Like I said before, the SPDIF out from your motherboard should easily drive the Z5500s. This way, it does NOT make a difference in the SQ if you use a Xonar DX or an Audigy, since the audio signal is decoded by the inbuilt DAC of the speakers.

@OP: Stick to this thread over PMs.

Gowt1ham said:
Try Audigy value 7.1 to see the difference betweeen onboard and dedicated then switch to Xonar Dx ......Its a shame for a good speakers not to have good source

Xfi Titanium-4.8k is also good.

from where did i get xfi titanium @ 4.8k
reply as i need it badly.. bcz i heard dat creative didnt launch its titanium series officially in india..

Gannu said:

On board (Realtek HD) SPDIF/Toslink does not support 5.1 digital output from what I have seen. You only get stereo. Some do support 5.1 for compatible media like a DVD when played in compatible media player like Power DVD, but other than that you will get stereo. There will be no 5.1 digital encoding for any of the other audio sources.

Back