PC Peripherals Sound Card Noise Probs???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo,
recently, that is in the past few days,i have noticed that increasing the volume from my OS, produces some kind of disturbance/noice in the output of my speakers(Intex 2.1 2000W) .

This problem is not recreated with me manually increasing the volume from the volume control knob on the woofer even to full.

Thus, i have a feeling that this is a problem with the hardware...

but then again, this problem doesnt occur when i connect my headphones...

any perticluar reason for this.
Moreover, increasing the volume to over 1/4 of the total volume allowed in the OS creates this problem no matter what the setting on the speakers knob be.

Any clue as to what might be wrong?
Also, i am using the onboard AC'97 audio card.

hmm...grounding????

i had the same prob with onboard as well as soundcard...stripped everythin, put it back....worked superb :D

BTW i hav ATP3

SunMysore said:
hmm...grounding????
i had the same prob with onboard as well as soundcard...stripped everythin, put it back....worked superb :D
BTW i hav ATP3

wat do u mean by stripped everything:p

BTW,

this noise is constant something like what is produced when the mic is kept too close to the speakers and the volume is increased.

Also,

since i dont have a mic connected, that is not the prob i think.

Disable All Unnecessary Options In Ur Volume Control...

If This Doesn't Help, Try Usin Some Other Spearkers To Ensure That Da SoundCard Has Probs. Or Not ...

hmm...might be mouse too.....

i seen it many times....the distortion comes when u move the mouse.......

@XT : by strip i mean removing all components, put it back again.....

Technoâ„¢ said:
Disable All Unnecessary Options In Ur Volume Control...
If This Doesn't Help, Try Usin Some Other Spearkers To Ensure That Da SoundCard Has Probs. Or Not ...
agree with this.. especially mic etc should be muted

stumped then :huh:

try updating drivers etc .. or uninstall from device manager and reboot.. general trouble shooting stuff

could there be any voltage fluctuations causing disturbance ?

nope........no voltage fluctuations at all......put a cvt also.
latest drivers....
updated from net yest.
uninstalled from device manager, reinstalled no effect.
also, i just noted, line in and mic dont work when connected either..:S

try removing any pci cards and see if the problem persists.. modem etc

Now you see why Mercury Motherboards are such excellent products?
lol
Anyways i suggest,disabling onboard sound and installing a PCI sound card just to verify whther there is problem in the onboard sound.
Also is there proper grounding for the speaker power supply?
Are the speakers magentically shielded?
Also have you installed SP2? SP2 has compatibility issues with certain hardware and software.
Just my 2 cents worth.

my os is win2k
about magnetically shielded yes.
grounding perfect.
this didnt happen before..its been almost 1.5 yrs with these speakers:p
no probs till now.......
so i think it has to be h/w failure somewhere...
my stupid engineer(comp is in amc) doesnt have a clue.
he wants to take my mobo away for testing which i have denied,i asked him to do all testing here as i have my proj going on.
so lets see whats the result:p

BTW,
keep the possibilities flowing in.

Do one thing,
Ask your engineer to give a spare mobo to you,keeping your system on.let him take it.If teh board is in warranty,then he will get it replaced.Just tell him one thing- Solve the problem or get the mobo and speakers replaced for me.
See what he says.

HOPE U READ THIS......COZ THIS COMES FROM AN ACTUAL ENGINEER

dude the problem lies in the jack to which u connect the speaker male socket....

jus check out the female socket behind ur cpu.......it may hav caught rust......or check the male socket of the speaker wire........it cud also be tat the wire crimp at the end of the male socket of the speaker wire is screwed.!!!!!

last but not the least.......try separately wit ur sound card and on-board plugs...

but isnt it weird u hav a separate sound card...u don need it in this age of technology ?:?

cyberdeception said:
HOPE U READ THIS......COZ THIS COMES FROM AN ACTUAL ENGINEER
dude the problem lies in the jack to which u connect the speaker male socket....
jus check out the female socket behind ur cpu.......it may hav caught rust......or check the male socket of the speaker wire........it cud also be tat the wire crimp at the end of the male socket of the speaker wire is screwed.!!!!!
last but not the least.......try separately wit ur sound card and on-board plugs...
but isnt it weird u hav a separate sound card...u don need it in this age of technology ?:?
Hehehe.....

nah Cyberdeception, i have an onboard soundcard itself.
Moreover, problem of disturbance solved by reinstalling DirectX.
But, the mic not working problem still persists.....got my mic tested at another comp...works fine there :S

any clues to what the prob is??

XTerminator said:
nope.........
no webcam......
no other device with mic either.
Do you have a tv capture card in the machine connected to a cable tv connection? If it is, then its a grounding problem.

Hey XT, if u have Mic Boost present in advanced properties of Microphone Balance on, try turnin that off. Also you can try enabling Noise Suspension for Mic 'ON' in AC97 Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back