Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyishere

Disciple
Hi,

Looking forward to buy a good quality Sound card for my new Roccat Kave Headset. For this headset you know what kinda sound cards i am looking for..I am bit on a tight budget so looking forward to get a used sound card preferably ones from Asus/creative etc..

Also i wanna know how good is the on-board sound card on MSI GX-65 Motherbaord as it says HD audio..I Know its kinda noobish question but yes i am a noob :eek:hyeah:

why don't you use the onboard & see if you like the sound or not.
also, i don't think onboard will give you positional audio for Roccat kaves.

have you tried audigy with your headphones , if not try at your friends place

I wish i could but i dont know anyone in my vicinity who has any good sound cards for a demo..i am yet to receive the headset in a couple of days :(

from where your are buying these & at what price.

I just bought these & sharing my experience , may be you don't need still can't resist. :p
overall sound quality is good - better restrict their use for movies & games utilising 6 channels. They really provide surround sound & you will know from where enemies are coming in games.

For audio they are just ok, not recommended.
The other downside is weight, you can't wear them for a longer duration.

I believe audigy is costing around 1.2k but check the EAX level they provide before you buy anything

vivacious_tg said:
from where your are buying these & at what price.

I just bought these & can share my experience , may be you don't need still can't resist. :p

overall sound quality is good - better restrict their use for movies & games utilising 6 channels. They really provide surround sound & you will know from where enemies are coming in games.

For audio they are just ok, not recommended.

The other downside is weight, you can't wear them for a longer duration.

I believe audigy is costing around 1.2k but check the EAX level they provide before you buy anything
Most probably i will be ordering them from Amarbir (lynx) he is giving them for Rs 6050/- + shipping...i also found an ebay listing from buygamingstuff but he is quoting a much higher price around 6850 i guess..How much did u get them for..I am basically looking for a headset mostly for gaming purpose and sometime for movies too.. for music it will hardly be used.

Also if i go for a new Sound card which one do you recommend? Also don't know any thing about EAX level as i am kinda Noob.Please let me know if you can..

@vasishta.sushant

How much are you selling them for? how old are they? can u PM me the details please?

luckyishere said:
Most probably i will be ordering them from Amarbir (lynx) he is giving them for Rs 6050/- + shipping...i also found an ebay listing from buygamingstuff but he is quoting a much higher price around 6850 i guess..How much did u get them for..I am basically looking for a headset mostly for gaming purpose and sometime for movies too.. for music it will hardly be used.

Also if i go for a new Sound card which one do you recommend? Also don't know any thing about EAX level as i am kinda Noob.Please let me know if you can..
Buddy the price you have mentioned is way too high , I bought mine from PrimeABGB (yes I bought them online) for 5400+shipping.
Here is the link for your reference:
ROCCAT

I am currently using the HP's with X-fi titanium card. but will suggest you to consider Auzentech cards than creative ones. here is the pricing details of Auzentech cards.
Auzentech

personally I feel x-fi titanium is indeed a good card

Regarding EAX, all I can say in simple words is that a technology which gives you positional audio in games supporting defferent EAX levels varying from 1 to 5.
I feel cards supporting EAX 3 & above are good enough but try to get a card supporting EAX 4.0 atleast

luckyishere said:
@vasishta.sushant

How much are you selling them for? how old are they? can u PM me the details please?

Here: http://www.techenclave.com/members-...nium-169327.html?highlight=some+premium+stuff

Less than 10 days old as I write this. Looking for more music specific sound card so upgrading to Xonar Essence STX.

This one, the titanium, is the top of the line X-Fi offering from Creative targeted at gaming enthusiasts and supports EAX 5.0 (EAX btw is Enhanced Audio Extension, set of APIs that give your sound a positional accuracy, 3D depth and life like realism). Supposts Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect so even older games that support 2 channel natively can work in 5.1 channel, giving you immersive experience in games.

If you have a headphone supporting multiple channels, its even better, If you ask me, over a home theater with speakers put too close.

vivacious_tg said:
Buddy the price you have mentioned is way too high , I bought mine from PrimeABGB (yes I bought them online) for 5400+shipping.

Here is the link for your reference:

ROCCAT

I am currently using the HP's with X-fi titanium card. but will suggest you to consider Auzentech cards than creative ones. here is the pricing details of Auzentech cards.

Auzentech

personally I feel x-fi titanium is indeed a good card

Regarding EAX, all I can say in simple words is that a technology which gives you positional audio in games supporting defferent EAX levels varying from 1 to 5.

I feel cards supporting EAX 3 & above are good enough but try to get a card supporting EAX 4.0 atleast
Thanks alot mate for the link for Primeabgb :) I ordered them just now..Now looking for Sound card

Dude, get my X-Fi. The price is way less than you can find and its not even two weeks old.

Check this one for your reference: eBay India: GEB - 270584940600 - New Seal Creative X-Fi Titanium Fa (item 180526627242 end time 02-Jul-2010 03:24:56 IST)

and the newegg link Newegg.com - Creative 70SB088000004 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express 1x Interface PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

I am giving it to you for 4750/-. Will give you free shipping.

This card is specifically made for gaming audience. Ask other fellow members if you want to.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Dude, get my X-Fi. The price is way less than you can find and its not even two weeks old.

Check this one for your reference: eBay India: GEB - 270584940600 - New Seal Creative X-Fi Titanium Fa (item 180526627242 end time 02-Jul-2010 03:24:56 IST)

and the newegg link Newegg.com - Creative 70SB088000004 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express 1x Interface PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

I am giving it to you for 4750/-. Will give you free shipping.

This card is specifically made for gaming audience. Ask other fellow members if you want to.
Buddy i would have happily bought them but on ebay u r getting them for a lot cheaper price and that too for new ones..even yours come along with US warranty , not local warranty and same is the case with the one bought from ebay global easy buy..

Check this for reference Global Easy Buy

the price here is Rs 4278 - 15% Discount using the voucher and this is for new one and urs is the old unit...so i guess the price isnt right

luckyishere said:
Buddy i would have happily bought them but on ebay u r getting them for a lot cheaper price and that too for new ones..even yours come along with US warranty , not local warranty and same is the case with the one bought from ebay global easy buy..

Check this for reference Global Easy Buy

the price here is Rs 4278 - 15% Discount using the voucher and this is for new one and urs is the old unit...so i guess the price isnt right

New other (see details)

comes from a business liquidator, new open box or return item

Now do you want me to explain further ?

You get it from there then buddy. :) No problem.

Even if it comes from a business liquidator how does that change the product? secondly its written that product is new..Its just the box is open or item is returned..I guess yes i am better off buying from there only..

Seems like you are buying for the first time over ebay and I am talking specifically about the open box items. Anyway, its your call brother.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Seems like you are buying for the first time over ebay and I am talking specifically about the open box items. Anyway, its your call brother.
lol I am buying for the first time on ebay? anyways thanks for help

luckyishere said:
lol I am buying for the first time on ebay? anyways thanks for help
and I am talking specifically about the open box items.

And I should have written with a little more verbosity. I meant EBAY.COM (not ebay.in)

Ok yaar thanks for your gyaan !! it helped..I dont wanna fight here..just want to buy something of which i am not too familiar with..Peace

Are no fight re. I just realized that you are new to this and might fall for this trap. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Its not what it seems to be. The item although marked NEW is ambiguous. Its more about taking a chance.

Anyway, no sweat brother. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back