Audio Soundcard in the range of 4 to 5 K

Need a good soundcard in the range of 4 to 5 k
Was looking for Xonar DX , but unable to find one so please suggest suitable alternative
I have AL mx5021 speakers and G31m S2l motherboard
My preference Music>>> Movies >>> Games
So suggest me for the same.....

GEt an external Stereo DAC, if you are going to use the card with a stereo source then there is hardly any use of a 5.1 soundcard.

I suggest looking in to uDAC1/2, Fiio E7, etc. ask faheem , he has heard uDAC ( and possibly, the e7) with MX5021, he might give you a proper answer. :)

Both the uDac and the FiiO E7 are unable to power speakers! But for Hps they are good enough
Creative Xfi Music is avilable aall over India
and Creative Xfi titanium is avilable for around 6k in bangalore.

WHy do you want them to power your speakers ?

, MX5021 is an active speaker system so all it requires is an analog signal (Line-in) , which both e7and uDAC provide, which is what a DAC does (aka soundcard)

I've got the same query and am 100% sure that I won't need anything more than a stereo input. Is the Xonar still the best choice if only music is concerned? I will also be running an SHP9000 and plan to get an ATH-M50 soon apart from the MX5021.

I already sold my Xonar DX.

Bought a used Nuforce UDAC from a TE member(To drive the Denon D2000)

Is the UDAC enough to drive my Z2300 Speakers.

Chiron : Sorry for the hijack.

chiron said:
I've got the same query and am 100% sure that I won't need anything more than a stereo input. Is the Xonar still the best choice if only music is concerned? I will also be running an SHP9000 and plan to get an ATH-M50 soon apart from the MX5021.
Yep. The DX is still one of the better all-round contenders. I sold mine when I switched to the Maverick Audio D1.

Dare Devil said:
I already sold my Xonar DX.

Bought a used Nuforce UDAC from a TE member(To drive the Denon D2000)

Is the UDAC enough to drive my Z2300 Speakers.

Chiron : Sorry for the hijack.
Daredevil, the DAC simply converts the audio signal from digital to analog and feeds the input to the speakers/headphones. As far as speakers are concerned, since yours is an active one, it simply needs the input signal. Amplification is taken care by the speakers themselves. Whereas if you were to connect them to a pair of passive speakers such as the KRK Rokit 5, Wharfedales etc. you will need an amp. Same goes for cans with high impedance. Such as the Beyer DT880, DT 150 etc.

Back