Audio Soundcard internal or external

Hi all,

I am currently in need of a sound card. Was thinking of going for
Creative USB Sound Blaster X Fi PRO or the Asus sound card series.

My main requirement will be movies and music.

Thanks in advance.

i dont think you will get asus usb based sound card in 4k (correct me if i'm wrong :) )asus xonar dx might b in ur budget

on creative side you can go for x-fi surround pro (currently using the same) it is a good card but xonar does a better job with headphones

if you wanna save cash get x-fi pro else xonar dx/dg

For both of them you dont need anything honestly. On second thought get a Asus Xonar DG for Rs 1700. If you want to enjoy a good Rs 4K sound card get some better speakers and headphones first which will actually bring about the benefits of the expensive sound card. Better speakers dosnt mean Logitech and F&D but Swans ,Audioengine,Klipsch etc.....for starters

Thanks for the reply. But was thinking to buy it from future proof point of view. So when ever I go for some good speaker sets or headphones then can use it with them.[DOUBLEPOST=1368264385][/DOUBLEPOST]Also can any one suggest some good headphones for movies. Budget 2k-3k.

There isn't such a big jump in sound quality if you go for entry level sound cards over onboard.
Get something from the Essence series atleast if you want something decent.

@sanjukoli if "future proof" is what you want consider the DX at the very least. If i were you I would get the STX.
Also if you are planning to buy an entry-level headphone to couple with the soundcard, don't! If an upgrade is what you are thinking then imo its a waste of $$. You may benefit little or nothing at all.
Thats why most audiophiles do not go for budget stuff.
So my suggestion will be: DX/STX+AT AD700. #win
Even I'm planning to buy them after saving up enough cash.[DOUBLEPOST=1368268299][/DOUBLEPOST]@anmol will be able to help you out better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back