Soundproofing room suggestions

adventureguy

Skilled
Hi,

Due to noisy neighbors(Damn kids) , I'm getting very much disturbed during studies/gaming. I need to soundproof it.

Coming to the room, It has a air ventilator vent plus a window facing outside from which most of the sounds come. How can I soundproof it?

Thanks.

its while sleeping too. the window is near neighbors TV and those idiots see tv till late in the night. Polite request to turn down the volume is followed for that day and shameless idiots revert to their old behavior next day.

And they have a small 1st class studying girl who Im pretty much sure cries 23hrs of total possible 24hrs. Im pretty sure she's devils incarnate in my life

If it's your own house, then you will have to use some type of damping material to stop the sound coming inside the room. The disadvantage this does is, it will stop air circulation through the windows in the room too.
Try and use some curtains. In addition to the curtains, use some thick foam sheet between the curtains and window. Use some removable tape to attach the foam to the windows. It will look bad, but it wont damage the room if it does not work. Or you could just make some cardboard frame for the foam and put it up on the window when you require it and remove it for most of the day. Foam will not remove the noise completely, it will just reduce it by half.

So I ordered acoustic foam panels to block the ventilator and ordered a sealant to cover up joints in windows. bought think curtain to cover up the windows. Will update once the stuff reach my place.

Back