OC & Modding South bridge fan

chetansha

Skilled
Hi, i have asrock taichi motherboard (x570), I noticed in BIOS that the SB fan is showing as NA. How to check if it's working ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240509_092913677_HDR_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240509_092913677_HDR_AE.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240509_093124504_HDR_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240509_093124504_HDR_AE.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 42
Simple! Check inside the case if it is functioning.
Then do a bios update if not then post on their forum.

Last edited:
Silly me, it was set.on semi passive mode in bios fan setting. Set it back to standard and it shows up in hw info.
This is weird and irrespective of the modes it should show in any monitoring tools as the slot is been utilized and data gets fetched from the bios.

Maybe it shows up only when it's spinning?
Possible but best method is to physically identify if its spinning currently and then check in monitoring tools if its then showing the desired operating result.
Some tool updates might be buggy at times in identifying sensors and connectors..

Last edited:
Possible but best method is to physically identify if its spinning currently and then check in monitoring tools if its then showing the desired operating result.
Some tools updates might be buggy as times in identifying sensors and connectors..
Okay will check and revert.

Some tools updates might be buggy as times in identifying sensors and connectors..
Yes, irrespective of setting it to passive mode it should show rpm

Back