PC Peripherals SP2208WFP : Screen calibration

I liked DELL SP2208 .... it has good color reproduction out of the box, but then I always like to tweak things arround. Some of you must have noticed the Jagged edges around the font. I am a small time graphic designer and totally rely on my display's color reproduction.

So I spend some time to calibrate the right settings for my screen.

Please note these setting best works for Graphic contend and Videos (HD) for me. I haven’t tested these on games because I hardly play.

Brightness : 70
Contrast : 55
Sharpness : 50
Scaling Ratio : 1:1 (It help me get down little Jagged edges around font, rem to auto adjust )
Color : R-90 , G-90 , B-90
^^ This is the best neutral setting I could set without adding or subtracting RGB color.​

Also for surfing or if you have the habit of working long hrs then I would recommend to reduce the brightness to 20-30.

I tried the same settings on ultrasharp 2208WFP , its really easy on eyes while browsing . Do you have calibration settings for this monitor ?

rapt0r said:
I tried the same settings on ultrasharp 2208WFP , its really easy on eyes while browsing . Do you have calibration settings for this monitor ?

;) was about to check out ur panel with Dini to test the difference between Ultra sharp and SP.

You can test these using some basic photoshop. Simply make some nice check boxes with fundamental colors. RGB, White (FFFFF) and BACK (00000).

In the adjacent boxes add color with slight variation ie if ur testing for Red reduce the Red in adjacent box. When your testing for screen calibration you should be able to differentiate the boxes.

Same goes for shades of grey for contrast and brightness calibration.

You can also tweak using some tests found in Windows Media Center TV setup wizard (Vista). But if you can do the test with photoshop nothing like it cause then you will be much sure about the shades of color / color reproduction.

thanks for the setting bro :) I am planning to buy SP2208WFP soon.

Please do a comparison of SP2208WFP and Ultrasharp 2208WFP if possible.

siddharth_menon said:
I liked DELL SP2208 .... it has good color reproduction out of the box, but then I always like to tweak things arround. Some of you must have noticed the Jagged edges around the font. I am a small time graphic designer and totally rely on my display's color reproduction.
Also for surfing or if you have the habit of working long hrs then I would recommend to reduce the brightness to 20-30.
So I spend some time to calibrate the right settings for my screen.

Please note these setting best works for Graphic contend and Videos (HD) for me. I haven’t tested these on games because I hardly play.

I also experienced the Jagged edges around the font issue. Thx for your calibration info! The font issue is solved and looks great!!!!

TWO BIG THUMBS UP for your tips! :hap2:

Back