Spam calls severely affecting mental health

I have been experiencing this for a long time. Every morning there would be a call waking me up, yes Bank, hdfc and whatnot, calling for CC. How can i be relieved from these? Today i have fever and tried to take a nap in the afternoon, and bam, some yes bank calls me. Can't use DND as that will block all other calls. I added a series of numbers in Truecaller block list, but these calls are new. Mine is a jio prepaid no. Today i had to create this topic after tolerating this nuisance for long time. Please suggest if anything can be done.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240718-170526.png
    Screenshot_20240718-170526.png
    168.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Can't use DND as that will block all other calls.
Not entirely true, if its a business number they might not be able to call you, but nowadays they will either email or Whatsapp if they want to reach you.

I have DND enabled, and the only had issue when requesting a callback from HPZ (I wanted to inquire about some cable availability) but they let me know the same via email.

I don't have any issue getting a callback from Amazon, for example.

Quoting my own post:

Unless TRAI makes spamming impossible, you're SOL for the simple fact that every time a number is blocked, they will go get a new number. Even if you crowd source and update the list every few hours, a lot of calls can be made in that small period, and spamming is still profitable for them.
your FOMO on calls is exactly what spammers rely on. Every call is either spam/not spam.
Since there is no perfect solution that works in every situation, you either end up missing a few legit calls, or answering a few spam calls.
The choice is up to you. Unless you get a personal assitant to answer your calls, you will never be 100% rid of spam.

I have been experiencing this for a long time. Every morning there would be a call waking me up, yes Bank, hdfc and whatnot, calling for CC. How can i be relieved from these? Today i have fever and tried to take a nap in the afternoon, and bam, some yes bank calls me. Can't use DND as that will block all other calls. I added a series of numbers in Truecaller block list, but these calls are new. Mine is a jio prepaid no. Today i had to create this topic after tolerating this nuisance for long time. Please suggest if anything can be done.
Buy a TC subscription which helps a lot in curbing spam or just just enable only phonebook to bother you and you are set.

Even if TRAI comes up with something, its s govt. thing and might require lots of trials with ifs-buts to actually work it foolproofly.

As long as there is a record of you sending spam, you can be blacklisted from acquiring new SIMs to bypass your blocklist. That in itself is enough to hinder such cold callers. This is the root of the problem

Not entirely true, if its a business number they might not be able to call you, but nowadays they will either email or Whatsapp if they want to reach you.

I have DND enabled, and the only had issue when requesting a callback from HPZ (I wanted to inquire about some cable availability) but they let me know the same via email.

I don't have any issue getting a callback from Amazon, for example.
Seconding this. DND works wonderfully for me. Only a-hole companies like Lodha call nowadays and I end up blocking that number.

Back