Spam calls severely affecting mental health

I sleep with the phone off. I don't pick up unknown numbers unless I am expecting it. If someone calls in an emergency/the world burns because I don't pickup an unknown number, I am more than happy with it.
Same here. I have set a schedule been yrs now that between 12a-10a I'm not disturbed by any calls isnpite of me awake by 2-3a daily and have star marked family contacts and only they can interrupt me.

Wifi/mobile data off + Phone on silent mode + brightness reduced to zero = sound sleep

If I get an unknown call i would not say a single word unless the caller starts with "Hello I am calling from Bla Bla.... ", Thats when I disconnect the call and immediately block the number. Sometimes if the call is from known source like the bank you have an account I'll wait for them to finish there opening statement and then say if you are offering credit card, Loan then I am not interested. Normally if you say this before they start these guys know the customer is absolutely not interested and disconnect the call from there side. After disconnection just block the dam number again.

I have been experiencing this for a long time. Every morning there would be a call waking me up, yes Bank, hdfc and whatnot, calling for CC. How can i be relieved from these? Today i have fever and tried to take a nap in the afternoon, and bam, some yes bank calls me. Can't use DND as that will block all other calls. I added a series of numbers in Truecaller block list, but these calls are new. Mine is a jio prepaid no. Today i had to create this topic after tolerating this nuisance for long time. Please suggest if anything can be done.
Ah, I just looked at your screenshot. It's tame. I have 4 incoming spam calls yesterday, and only one outgoing call to my relative.

Oh my. Now i feel embarrassed. Didn't realise he was talking about that dnd. Anyway, that was the first thing i did after sim card activation which was like a lifetime ago, that's why i forgot about it. I even did the Jio in-app config to further ensure my dnd was activated.

Regarding the phone dnd thanks for the suggestion. Yes I'll configure the same and maybe it'll be beneficial.

The best thing to do thanks for the confidence. That's what i used to do btw but recent unfortunate circumstances have forced me to keep my phone on. But to hell with it really.
1. Enable DND through carrier. Not of much help though.
2. Use silence unknown callers options when going to sleep.
3. The biggest headache is when multiple banks start promoting new products. Keep phone in vibration mode when you sense getting too many calls.
4. Setup a new number and if you are asked to give your number in stores etc, give that number. You just have to do minor rechrage once in a while to keep it active. I do this once in 4-5 months. I give this number to every idiot who asks for my number. In some stores, I deny right away. If they insist, I tell them on the face 'cancel it if you cannot serve me without taking my number'.

I used to get 10-15 call daily when I applied for home loan directly through bank. I was getting calls from every bloody bank. It was so bad that I had to change my number. This new number is known to very very few. I do not get any spam calls and I have silence unknown callers on all the time as I for sure know that only those that I know will call to this. My old number is in backup phone as I need it for bank transactions. That phone is always in silent mode. After months, from 10-15 calls day, I see 4-5 calls a week on that number. Absolute peace of mind!

Last edited:
Truecaller paid has this assistant feature where the call gets routed to a chatbot, and it shows a live transcript and you can decide if the call is worth picking up or not.

Truecaller is best. Almost 100% spam is blocked or shown (you then reject call). Even non premium is good enough. Though I use premium.

Back