Speaker Problem ---- Static through the speakers

Nikhil

Skilled
Hi Guys,

My speaker set is a Cambridge Soundworks(Creative Megaworks) 5.1 550. I have noticed that today, there is static coming through the speakers. I have rewired the whole set but it still persists.

I have also reset the Creative Audigy 2 ZS settings to factory default. But still the static comes through.

Why??? What could be wrong?? It is mainly through the rear speakers.....

Please help me out guys....

Okay now to sort out the first thing... whether its a speaker or source problem. Try giving it input from an mp3 player or cd player. if it hisses in that as well, then the speakers are at fault. Else its the source (sound card)

Ok..... will try that......... thanks

Nikhil posted 22.92 minutes later:

I just restored my system and it seems to be working fine now....

And since it is 11:00 in the night, I cannot really pump up the voilume and test it fully..... will do it tomorrow....

Thanks a lot for your help.....

Ok.... See, after resetting it to default settings, there is no static. WHY?? Because it gets reset to 2/2.1 speakers.

Then I change it to 5.1 and then the static starts again.....

I am at my wit's end.....

Please help me....

when its set to 2.1 does sound come from all the speakers or just the front speakers ?

Nikhil said:
Ok.... See, after resetting it to default settings, there is no static. WHY?? Because it gets reset to 2/2.1 speakers.

Then I change it to 5.1 and then the static starts again.....

I am at my wit's end.....

Please help me....
Are the connections fine at the back of the sub? Might be a loose connection.

@ Bottle --- sound comes only from the front left and front right. Not even from Front centre.

@Chaos --- That was the first thing I checked. IT is perfectly fine. No loose connections. nothing.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikhil said:
@ Bottle --- sound comes only from the front left and front right. Not even from Front centre.

@Chaos --- That was the first thing I checked. IT is perfectly fine. No loose connections. nothing.......
Try inverting the fronts and rear. Does the distortion come from the fronts as well then? If it doesn't then something is wrong with the rear channel sats/amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are fine...... no problems there...... no loose connections or anything........

And anyway, please keep posting here.....

I have now removed my Audigy 2 ZS card and uninstalled the drivers. LEt me reinstall the card from the beginning and will follow the guide blade had posted abt the best way to install Audigy 2 ZS drivers.....

Anyway, reinstalled the card and it seems to be fine.

Note the word --- "SEEMS". I cannot say for sure.....

Thanks Chaos for your help............. I THINK it was a driver problem.....

Back