PC Peripherals Speaker system

neoindian

Disciple
People suggest me a speaker system(2.1 or 5.1- i know the difference). Clear sound and superb bass is a must.

My budget 5k.Give or take a few. And yeah preferred band is Altec Lansing....

take creative 5.1 .. gives good sound .. only problem bass gets distorted at 50% above bass levels

altec 251i , altec VS3251 both models .. listen to them and decide ..bass distorted is a problem

Do u have any idea wher i wl get a gud price for those , test it out and buy in Bangalore.

And altec's home page doesnt list 251i in the page...I want bass to be gr8.

neoindian said:
Do u have any idea wher i wl get a gud price for those , test it out and buy in Bangalore.

And altec's home page doesnt list 251i in the page...I want bass to be gr8.

arnov gave the best suggestion

i have purchased VS3251 and the bass is very weak no tight bass.ALso the controls are very less not even treble which is needed for finetuning indi pop.

251i is very inferior model compared to VS3251 .

Get JBL the sound is quality is brilliant , it sounds the best.After you buy, always see demo of it ,so that you may replace it with another one if you dont like that.

If you want 5.1 stay away from altec and try anyother.

neoindian said:
People suggest me a speaker system(2.1 or 5.1- i know the difference). Clear sound and superb bass is a must.

My budget 5k.Give or take a few. And yeah preferred band is Altec Lansing....

You can checkout VS4121, CS21 and 621 (if it's still available) if you want Altec lansing,
though all are 2.1 system but will blow any of the 5.1 in your budget range specially the 621 if you can get it.

If you want a 5.1, IMO logitech X-530 is a good candidate.

Mac said:
You can checkout VS4121, CS21 and 621 (if it's still available) if you want Altec lansing,
though all are 2.1 system but will blow any of the 5.1 in your budget range specially the 621 if you can get it.

If you want a 5.1, IMO logitech X-530 is a good candidate.

logitech x530 what is the wirelength of sateliites?large enuf to cover the whole room ?:eek:hyeah:

and dont see logitech highly boasted RMS watt rating.

Remember When buying speakers dont just check the RMS/PMPO, these just indicate the loudness of the speakers, and not the clarity. Things you should check out are the low & high frequency, percentage of THD, Watts/channel, driver per satellite etc.

Well , actually , for me, altec 2.1 sound better than altec 5.1. you really need a good layout room for keeping your speakers, to get satisfaction from 5.1. Otherwise, it is more of noise and irritation bcoz of muddy bass from woofer, rather than music.

Also, bigger and more powerful sub-woofers actually creates more booming "noise". The subwoofer should be kept in a place where echos do not distort the sound. To counter the excess bass, level your equalizers to zero position for the lower frequencies. IMHO, the sound is much better.My advise > always get a demo of speakers after you buy.

hey,,

can u put in extra 2k ... so tat ur total budget is 7 k.... so tat u can get Altec lansin mx5021(2.1).... its simply the best... its worth puttin extra 2k.... as u generally u don update speakers often....

bye

yep i agree with double if ur lookin for a 2.1 set nothing beats the mx5021 they rock and if tht dosent fit the budget then u can opt for atp3..

IF u want 5.1 the best choice will be logitech x-530 wich i think is about 6k and worth every cent... otherwise u can opt for creative 5.1 wich u can get under 5k

Back