PC Peripherals Speakers for a laptop setup

UltraNeko

Recruit
I am putting together my laptop setup and have finalised most of the stuff. I am looking for some good stereo speakers/soundbars to complete the setup. My budget is around 5-6k(max.) . i mostly listen to hip-hop,rap,indie and some podcasts. Would like to get something with a good amount of bass and clarity (hate it when the mids and highs sort of just mix together). Bluetooth is not a priority since i am going to be using them wired only. need some genuine suggestions/reviews. Please help me out. Thanks!!

I would highly recommend picking up speakers from Edifier (specifically R1280T) on sale. They are amazing speakers and well worth the money. However, they are slightly above your budget so would recommend picking them up when prices go down.

I would highly recommend picking up speakers from Edifier (specifically R1280T) on sale. They are amazing speakers and well worth the money. However, they are slightly above your budget so would recommend picking them up when prices go down.
i was also kinda sorta looking. have u used them? does it have thumping bass ? Do they need AMP to drive or direct plug via 3.5mm to desktop is enough ?

What about - Companion® 2 Series III multimedia speaker system ?

i was also kinda sorta looking. have u used them? does it have thumping bass ? Do they need AMP to drive or direct plug via 3.5mm to desktop is enough ?

What about - Companion® 2 Series III multimedia speaker system ?

I have companion 5 and Edifier R1855dbs. Edifier beats the shit out of companion 5. R1280 would eat companion 2 without breaking a sweat.

You don’t need amp to drive Edifiers and you don’t need a sub. Just see if your table has enough space to hold bookshelf speakers.

I have companion 5 and Edifier R1855dbs. Edifier beats the shit out of companion 5. R1280 would eat companion 2 without breaking a sweat.

You don’t need amp to drive Edifiers and you don’t need a sub. Just see if your table has enough space to hold bookshelf speakers.
ohk good know from a user. I actually have Companion 20 right now they are great but i realised one side speaker is busted and buzzes in heavy bass area. i could get R1855 also how much u got it for ? how is bass compared between bose n edifier ? I read R1855 comes with sub woofer ?

ohk good know from a user. I actually have Companion 20 right now they are great but i realised one side speaker is busted and buzzes in heavy bass area. i could get R1855 also how much u got it for ? how is bass compared between bose n edifier ? I read R1855 comes with sub woofer ?
Got them for 17k when they were on sale. Bose has slightly better bass as there is dedicated sub but it is not tight. The edifiers are lot lot more lively, especially at mids and highs.

Check the Edifier R33BT or LG XBOOM LK72B or in F&D there are a few options with Bluetooth. I strongly suggest you get Bluetooth speakers for laptop. I made the mistake of buying wired ones and not regret it constantly.

Few years ago, listened to pebble 2.1 at my friend’s place, they sounded very bland. Not sure if it’s updated or improved now.
Well I had a different experience with the plus 2.1. They sounded pretty good. Perception will always differ.

Check the Edifier R33BT or LG XBOOM LK72B or in F&D there are a few options with Bluetooth. I strongly suggest you get Bluetooth speakers for laptop. I made the mistake of buying wired ones and not regret it constantly.

Thanks a lot! I'll check them out. Also which ones would you suggest for better clarity. I feel that's more important to me

edifiers are great but there's a problem with them the left side speaker is about 2db quiter than the right one. if you are super critical about the balance of sound , so something might sound off to you but still most people don't notice the difference. as for the quality of sound they are satisfying.

edifiers are great but there's a problem with them the left side speaker is about 2db quiter than the right one. if you are super critical about the balance of sound , so something might sound off to you but still most people don't notice the difference. as for the quality of sound they are satisfying.
Hmmm. Don't think that I'll really notice a 2db difference but is it possible to fix this via software if I choose to adjust the balance?

Back