Audio Speakers needed in range of 10-15K

hey guys... gonna goto mumbai somewhere around next week....was hoping to get a good set of speakers... preferrably 5.1 or even 7.1 if i can find one within that range...

anything u guys wanna suggest..

i know bout the Z5500.. but the damm thing is costly.. i guess above 20K if im not mistaken.. so if theres anything which comes close to it or if anyhting thats even better than it.. but if its in the budget..then please do suggest.. i m complete noob when it comes to speaker setups.... i m doing the usual googling and stuff.. but as i said i m a complete noob.. :ashamed:

ur inputs are highly appreciated...:)

thanx...

if it is for gaming , upgrade to 5.1 speakers, and get an X Fi Xtreme gamer or an audigy with EAX 4 Support.

if it is for movies, the 5.1 upgrade alone will do

if for music, get an MX 5021 :)

OT, here in Ahmedabad, MX 5021 costs 7.5K, bloody hell :(

If you are looking for 5.1 system, go for Logitech X-540. I am also hunting for them, current price should be 5.2 to 5.5k, if I am not mistaking.

hmm.. k ... i did forget to mention that movies and games are primary usage.. in that order.. then some music.. so ..

till now ive got..

MX5021 .. i guess this is from Logitech right??..

Audioengine AE2

Logitech Z5300

Logitech X-540

ok cool.. thanx guys.. ill readup on these and see which would be best...

by the way.... is there a 7.1ch speaker setup that can be had inthis budget without compromising on the quality?? or that would be overbudget... coz i have seen so many games that has 7.1 in their sound settings :p ..

neway thanx again for ur inputs..

Edit:-

oh.. btw.. bout udits post on soundcards.. i have the ASUS mobo as u can see in my sig.. which has RealTeck 7.1Ch onboard soundcard.. will that be good enuf for these speakers.. or ill necessarily have to buy a new sound card.. as i currently also have creative soundblaster 7.1 soundcard in my other system...??

redscorpion_11 said:
hmm.. k ... i did forget to mention that movies and games are primary usage.. in that order.. then some music.. so ..

till now ive got..

MX5021 .. i guess this is from Logitech right??..

Audioengine AE2

Logitech Z5300

Logitech X-540

ok cool.. thanx guys.. ill readup on these and see which would be best...

by the way.... is there a 7.1ch speaker setup that can be had inthis budget without compromising on the quality?? or that would be overbudget... coz i have seen so many games that has 7.1 in their sound settings :p ..

neway thanx again for ur inputs..

MX5021 is from Altec Lansing & all 7.1 systems will be a compromise in quality within 12k :)

Stereophile: Audioengine 2 powered loudspeaker great review :D

do not buy the Logitech X-540 with a 12k budget :p

as always , a great compromise for good music + cheap 5.1/ 7.1 is to buy a great pair of stereo speakers and an ordinary pair of 5.1's. but you cant use that with the creative 7.1 card which has only 3 jacks so it will work as 5.1 only . if you motherboard has 7.1, it should have 7.1 out through 4 jacks which will allow you to do this jugaad :D

TechHead said:
I have the Audioengines. Great speakers for the price.. got my pair for 9.5k. Feed it with a good source, for the love of God!

Where did you get it from ?

Wonder if its available in Hyd...

Back