speakers/sound setup for an open plan house?

idkmuch01

Disciple
Hi,joined TE for the marketplace but wow,you all are amazing people and I regularly read a lot of non-sales threads now. Now i have a plan to get an audio setup and would love some inputs on it.

I wont ask what exact model to buy because sound profiles are different and vary by preference. But the thing that held us back earlier too was our living room(which has the TV) being an open plan and I've not heard very good things for a sound setup in such cases. I don't have any fixed budget but have an initial ballpark of 25k and am open to more suggestions depending on vale for money but won't be targeting the high end because this hobby gets very expensive very fast xD).

till now we have just an old Sony TV and IMO anything would be an upgrade over it's speakers so the final question - should i just look at a soundbar(cheaper ones) ? no issues with wires if connected to TV but Bluetooth will be appreciated in case we want to use the phone.

rest, I'm attaching a (poorly drawn in ms-paint,not very accurate to scale tbh) rough sketch of the area with the tv(green is TV,pink are stairs and the thin lines are just for a rectangular idea but not actual walls). Let me know if there is any other info you need.

Thanks a lot and have a good day!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 46
Back