Speakers with optical and 3.5 mm inputs

Did you find a solution? Im also looking for speakers with hdmi arc and there are none. Hdmi arc audio extractors cost a lot. I will probably have to settle for a soundbar. Have shortlisted the polk s2 and sony ht s20 for now.
sorry for late replay and am also sad to report that I didn't find any solution either. I bought once cheap HDMI audio extractor from amazon which can work if you use HDMI input device to input video/audio to tv. in my case, i use TV apps only and there was no external audio device and hence the device didn't work. I will update the post with product link by evening. It was cheap so you can try your yourself.

sorry for late replay and am also sad to report that I didn't find any solution either. I bought once cheap HDMI audio extractor from amazon which can work if you use HDMI input device to input video/audio to tv. in my case, i use TV apps only and there was no external audio device and hence the device didn't work. I will update the post with product link by evening. It was cheap so you can try your yourself.
Thanks, but does it extract audio from the HDMI ARC output of the TV? I have multiple HDMI input devices connected to the TV and it isn't feasible to add an extractor for every input.

Thanks, but does it extract audio from the HDMI ARC output of the TV? I have multiple HDMI input devices connected to the TV and it isn't feasible to add an extractor for every input.

>
does it extract audio from the HDMI ARC output
sadly no. although the brand says it should work but i tried with two lg TVs and it didn't work with either of them.

If the PC is connected to TV via HDMI, then it will anyway route the audio to the TV through HDMI, so you shouldn't need to worry about a separate connection.

BTW, what motherboard does this PC have?
Hi, just wanted to say thanks for this, I have no experience with audio products and had just purchased an edifier r1280db and was curious as to how I would connect it to my TV. I'm basically using the TV as a monitor for an old thinkcentre (which has basically turned into an entertainment system). Was using the TV speaker for a while via HDMI directly. Now the speakers have an RCA input and the TV has a L and R output so I suppose it should work perfectly right?

Back