Audio Speakers with optical in @20k approx

Naga

Skilled
Need speakers for using with the WD Media player. Will be used only for movies.

Budget is 20k approx. Any quick suggestions?

Looking for a 5.1 setup?

Splurge a bit more. 25k should see you through a HK AVR 133 receiver and the JBL SCS 140 5.1 system with a bit of bargain. Do audition these if you get a chance to.

Else, you could try a pair of bookshelves like the Monitor Audio Bronze BR2/ (around 14k?) and a desi amp such as the Norge to go along with it. SCZ did advise me about a ~ investment for 20k sometime back but the purpose being listening to music.

If you're considering these to be shipped to your place, you're going to bear some hefty shipping expenses. :p

Gannu said:
Looking for a 5.1 setup?

Splurge a bit more. 25k should see you through a HK AVR 133 receiver and the JBL SCS 140 5.1 system with a bit of bargain. Do audition these if you get a chance to.

Else, you could try a pair of bookshelves like the Monitor Audio Bronze BR2/ (around 14k?) and a desi amp such as the Norge to go along with it. SCZ did advise me about a ~ investment for 20k sometime back but the purpose being listening to music.

If you're considering these to be shipped to your place, you're going to bear some hefty shipping expenses. :p

I'll have to have it shipped. Any contacts where i can source the HK/ JBL? I'm thinking if it gets very expensive or difficult, maybe I'll get the Z somethings from Logitech.

gmano said:
@Gannu, where can I get Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 for 14K ?

Or is that listed at 18k? I'm not very sure of the pricing (and thus the question mark there! :p). I thought scz referred to a pricing of 14k for the BR2. Or was it for the Mercury F1 custom? Damn!

Gannu said:
Or is that listed at 18k? I'm not very sure of the pricing (and thus the question mark there! :p). I thought scz referred to a pricing of 14k for the BR2. Or was it for the Mercury F1 custom? Damn!

last year I bought a BR2 for around 16.5k after lot of bargaining/discounts, when I enquired about six months back for a friend, the dealer was not willing to bargain much and he quoted around 20k.

You will have to call Sumaria in Mumbai, they stock the HK/JBL combo. I have one, and it's not bad, a sight better than the Z5500s, but are still not good enough for music. I only use the system for gaming and some occasional radio.

i am using Logitech Z5500 since 3 years , its working flawlessly !

Except tha fact that i need to tune down the bass individually for almost every song .

Would rate it 4/5 . on my personal opinion .

Have to contradict you there Udit. I heard the 3100, the bigger brother of the 3105, and it was absolutely terrible, for both music and movies. The sub was very weak and a little boomy, and the satellites were muddy in the midrange, and shrill at the top. Very fatiguing sound, and I would not recommend the entry-level Onkyo to anyone, really.

^ I agree , i wasn't impressed with them one bit .

But gotta say therz another Onkyo model which has a powered woofer (i think while this has passive ?? :S ) .. which was much better but expensive as well

hey naga,

If its Logi z 5500, good for movies, more for games. Listen somewhere and u will appreciate that. Just that for music it tries to overwhelm them and make them sound pompous and not sweet enough. For songs, the boom factor is very much involved but for games and movies you can avoid by suitable placement of ur subwoofer and enjoy the show.

For that price(18K), nothing else comes close. I have it for 3 years and now connected to ASUS XOANR HDAV 1.3 thru SPDIF and it is juts so good for movies and games(connected to PS3).

All this is goodness is possible IMHO when the source is PC and only ur PC.

Heh, went for the Z5500 for 20k odd from Amarbir. Rashi here told me that it wasn't in stock and they had no idea when it would be available.

anooj30299301 said:
hey naga,

If its Logi z 5500, good for movies, more for games. Listen somewhere and u will appreciate that. Just that for music it tries to overwhelm them and make them sound pompous and not sweet enough. For songs, the boom factor is very much involved but for games and movies you can avoid by suitable placement of ur subwoofer and enjoy the show.

For that price(18K), nothing else comes close. I have it for 3 years and now connected to ASUS XOANR HDAV 1.3 thru SPDIF and it is juts so good for movies and games(connected to PS3).

All this is goodness is possible IMHO when the source is PC and only ur PC.

hi anooj , i am using my Z5500 wid soundblaster audigy 2 ZS , everythng is extremely good , except the too much boomy bass . anyone on the forum knows some ways to tweak the excess bass ??

anubhav2345 said:
hi anooj , i am using my Z5500 wid soundblaster audigy 2 ZS , everythng is extremely good , except the too much boomy bass . anyone on the forum knows some ways to tweak the excess bass ??

Place the subwoofer away from enclosed areas.. keep it isolated from anything (wall/table/corner) as bass bounces off walls and tables making it more boomy.

Back