Speed Auto Performance Show 2006 - TE/FE Exclusive

Blade_Runner

Skilled
Speed Auto Performance Show 2006 - TE/FE Exclusive

So autocar and a few other industry bodies got together and arranged the Speed Auto Performance Show 2006 - for the serious car and bike enthusiasts. The show is being held at MMRDA grounds, Bandra Kurla Complex between 11am -8pm from 23rd-26th. So i gave the show a visit alongwith a couple of friends yesterday and got some pics. Those planning to visit the show should either get passes(autocar subscribers only i think) which allow for free entry or pay 60/- for admission. So let's get started...........

Outside the show "hangars" there was a JBL display of an old classic, the Cadillac with music booming out from it's subs which were fitted into the car's trunk.

First up inside was the Bajaj show-space.......
Featured there was the usual bevy of bikes, and moto scooters from bajaj including the 220cc DTSi-Fi, the 200cc model and the 180/150cc revisions of the pulsar.
Pics of the Blade DTSi which is a moto-scooter from Bajaj which should come out next year.

Next up is the Pulsar 220cc dtsi-fi which was a major crowd puller amongst the teenagers.

The 200cc oil-cooled Pulsar on display. The styling on this one will appeal to hardcore pulsar fans who liked the original dtsi styling. Bajaj is definitely going in the right direction with the Pulsar series.

Opposite to Bajaj was the Navnit Marines show-space where the "Bayliner" was being showcased.

Skoda India was showing off the Octavia Combi replete with a adventure trip-like setup. The combi was loaded with some Adventure gear and a bike. Nothing exciting here........

Wandering up ahead we came across the Fiat-Tata Motors show-space. Up on display was the Fiat Adventure Sport. While Tata Motors displayed the Indica Silhouette concept with a 3.5l engine and a claimed top whack of 267. Both the cars were dressed in red.

Opposite TATA/Fiat, the Range Rover Sports was being showcased.....

And next to it was the Bmw 740Li

After wiping off the drool we were off to the Chevrolet show-space. On disply was the Aveo, the SRV used in a recent Rolon Vs SRV face-off featured in Autocar and the Rolon itself.

There was much drooling to be done so off we went to the check out Audi's latest offering in india. The Q7 was looking gorgeous even for a SUV and the A4 was displayed besides it which looked paler in comparison.

Moving forward we came across the official's sponser's "gas station" ! Actually the space was designed to look like a gas station. On display was the Rolon in a different guise and the sexy Lotus Elise. Drool.....

Autoaddicts was showcasing a BMW and there was ps2 kiosk where people were allowed to play a bit of Colin McRae.

Mahindra & Mahindra were showing-off their concepts(close to production rather) based on the Bolero and Scorpio.

The Platoon and Passion (??) concept based on the popular Scorpio ....

And the Commando concept based on the Bolero which i quite liked...

Ofcourse at the end of the stalls it sounded as if people were screaming, fainting and there was general paranoia. So we decided to investigate. The reason for all the chaos was this - RR's Phantom. Ofcourse after looking at baby we felt a little dehydrated due to all the lost drool.

That was the end of the cars on the first "hangar" and the total show was spread over two. So after much disappointment of not being able to get anywhere close to the Phantom we went of the next hangar.

The next hangar comprised mostly off modding-companies, performance parts etc. However there were a few surprises here as well.

First up on display here was the Civic Mugen.

Up ahead Extreme-graphixs were show casing their awesome vinyls and a bunch of modded cars.

A honda city with a wide-body kit(front rather)...

A Lancer Evo (!)

And a Swift

The Thunderwing tourer was also shown but i forgot who was showcasing it.

The show-space next to it was a major crowd magnet. Old ladies, chicks, and teens alike were ogling at the beauty that stood before them. Behold the Gallardo Spyder.

The best backside in business (or atleast i think so)

AR Motors were showing a couple of modded cars, suspensions, engines and stuff.

And the Garmin stall was showing-off their GPS navigation systems.

DC design's had cooked up a concept vehicle(amazing looking nonetheless) for Apollo's new tyre range "Aspire". The car shared the name.

The Autocar stall had a few modded bikes on display and were selling their wares i.e. mag, subscriptions and model cars.

The first one is a enfield while the next one is a pulsar.

Model cars

One of the last stalls were showing off a Ferrari 308(?) and a Merc sl55 AMG

That's it folks. That was the end of the show and members from mumbai should not miss it at any cost. There were a lot of other car related products as well but i am sure not many would be interested in windshield wipes, tyres, alloys, and glass so i haven't covered them.

PS: Reps and comments welcome.

Pics and commentary by me.

ohhh...man u came up with this before i could..anywayz good...even i went to the show with few frnds...and was almost gonna faint after the show..

i have taken some more than 150- pics in all.,..from all angles of many cars..though not good at photography and also ve got a video. shot from my handycam. will upload the soon.

the show stealer according to me was the 2006 [SIZE=-1]Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder... really owesome mind blowing..

every auto freak livin in mumbai pay a visit to the show if u still havent..its really good. it's there till this sunday between 11 am to 8 pm.

just wait 1-2 more days..for me to upload pics..cauz my frnds taken my handycam to make a nice album..putting up all the pics me and my frnds took..

[/SIZE]

Bladey said:
RR's Bentley Arnage.

huh ?? Dont you mean a Maruti Accord :p ??

Rolls Royce and Bentley are two different companies. Bentley is owned by Volkswagen group and RR is owned by BMW.....

And of course, the Gallardo is sexy. Looks best in light blue or white and black :D :D :eek:hyeah:

And the SRV you saw was a new Superhcarged SRV. Developing 150 BHP.

GM has taken the criticism seriously. The SRV's engine sucks and the transmission is also sad. Now, they are developing a supercharged version of it and that is what you saw :p

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... owned.

I am using the pulsar twins to adore my widescreen for now. Sexyyyy.

I am waiting for these babies to launch :)

Blade_Runner said:
Ofcourse at the end of the stalls it sounded as if people were screaming, fainting and there was general paranoia. So we decided to investigate. The reason for all the chaos was this - RR's Bentley Arnage. Ofcourse after looking at baby we felt a little dehydrated due to all the lost drool.

This is a RR Phantom not a Bentley Arnage

Still Great Coverage

repped you

Nikhil said:
huh ?? Dont you mean a Maruti Accord :p ??

Rolls Royce and Bentley are two different companies. Bentley is owned by Volkswagen group and RR is owned by BMW.....

And of course, the Gallardo is sexy. Looks best in light blue or white and black :D :D :eek:hyeah:

And the SRV you saw was a new Superhcarged SRV. Developing 150 BHP.

GM has taken the criticism seriously. The SRV's engine sucks and the transmission is also sad. Now, they are developing a supercharged version of it and that is what you saw :p
Corrected.

oh yeah...and repped :p BOth places :D

And in my opinion, the best backside is the Alfa Romeo Brera...which was the inspiration for the SRV

check it out...of course, opinions may vary :p

Both are 1024 x 768 :D

The so-called specs of the Silhouette is just based on mathematical calculations.....

If Ferrari were allowed that, they would claim 400kmph for every car of theirs :p

Back