Spotify India launched

dissel

Skilled
Spotify, one of the world’s most popular music streaming services, is now available in India. Spotify, the music streaming app is now available for download in India for both iOS and Android users. The India subscription for Spotify starts at Rs 13 per day.....but you can listen for free too.

A Spotify India website is also live as of Wednesday morning.

Source : https://indianexpress.com/article/t...spotify-india-launch-rates-playlists-5602379/

Last edited:
High time

I trust we will have the same level access to western music as they have. None of this region blocking business i see so often on youtube.

Spotify Premium price in India starts from Rs. 13 for a day, while the weekly and monthly subscription plans of Spotify are priced at Rs. 39 and Rs. 119. On the other hand, the quarterly, six-months and yearly Spotify subscription plans are priced at Rs. 389, Rs. 719 and Rs. 1189, respectively.

Premium vs Free:
  1. Audio quality: Spotify Premium offer music at a bit rate of 320 kbps, while the free version of the platform offers songs at 96 kbps on mobile devices and 160 kbps on desktops.
  2. Ads: Spotify (free version) will display ads after every four or five songs a user plays of skips; however, with Spotify Premium you won’t get a single advertisement while streaming online music.
  3. Music: Spotify Premium gives access to all the latest tracks which are made available on the free version after at least two weeks.
  4. Downloads: Offline downloads are only available on Spotify Premium and users will be able to download up to 10,000 songs per device. A Spotify Premium account can be accessed from five different devices.
  5. Spotify Connect: Spotify is available for smartphones (iOS and Android), Smart TVs, Microsoft Xbox, desktops, Sony PlayStation, Android Auto, and Apple Carplay. However, the Spotify Connect option, which lets users control music streaming on one device from another, is only available with Spotify Premium.

https://www.timesnownews.com/techno...-for-subscription-content-compared-and/374755

Using Spotify since almost 2yrs. I think signing up via US proxy gives you a US regional account and you get to enjoy all top US etc lists and charts.
Now in India it might be another gaana type platform. And for global music lovers they have to wait or dig deep.

High time

I trust we will have the same level access to western music as they have. None of this region blocking business i see so often on youtube.

Lot of artists are not on Spotify as of now because of the clash with Warner.
I am on Amazon prime so Amazon Music is free and has everything.

I had issues with normal CC and DC. Tried couple of cards, all failed. Ended up taking Amazon Prime

I deleted my spotify account after they started removing Jpop, Kpop and other foreign songs from it. A lot of other countries songs were removed within one month of spotify coming to India and they were pushing only bollywood songs more.
I doubt it was because of licensing issues. Google Music , Apple Music and Amazon both have a lot of such foreign albums for sale or free streaming in their music apps.

Amazon Music has a huge amount of content, especially the genres (classical, oldies etc.) that I listen to. The list is very exhaustive. For the price of Prime, you get both video and music - it's actually very reasonable.

Used Amazon music for a few days, i just prefer spotify, would like to know if anyone was able to get their 3 months trial.

Used Amazon music for a few days, i just prefer spotify, would like to know if anyone was able to get their 3 months trial.

Spotify just didnt accept any of my Debit or credit cards. Never happened before with any service. So ended up taking Amazon Prime.

Spotify is such a nice Music Streaming app. I am happy that it has launched in India. I like it more than youtube.
Still, I am listening to Music in Spotify.

To those users who are still using that Spotify, how much do you pay and why you do not use free version of it? I have used it a bit, but it seems I may get back to some other desktop applications honestly. And yep, I have conflicted with some cards from it till date.

To those users who are still using that Spotify, how much do you pay and why you do not use free version of it? I have used it a bit, but it seems I may get back to some other desktop applications honestly. And yep, I have conflicted with some cards from it till date.

I use the desktop version with ad blocker and works great. Too many ads on free mobile version

Back