spurious error notification

There are programs which trigger 'expected newer windows version - update' when I try to install them in WinMe, yet the vendor of TK8 is adamant that it can run in WinMe. In fact he says that the text of the 'error' notification does not even occur in the code. I would very much like to have TK8 run in WinMe, so I need help 1. to discover what already-installed software/driver might be triggering the notification and 2. devise a work-around. Is that available ?

I have no reason to consider TK8 from an untrustworthy source. While that advice is sound, it is too paralysing to be practical. Moreover - I don't take risks. Any thing I TRY, I try on a dispensible clone of my system. Only after I am satisfied, do I make any changes to my enduring system.

iu6754 said:
Leave them.
Do not install software from any untrusted company for ur own good.
I answered this, but the post seems to have disappeared - so here goes again :
I have no reason to consider the 'vendors' of TK8 untrustworthy. Moreover, while the advice is sound in itself, it is so paralysing as to be impractical. Additionally - I take NO RISKS. Anything I TRY, I try on a 'dispensible' clone of my enduring system - only when I am satisfied with the results, do I make changes to my enduring system. Lastly - TK8 appears to me my last hope for solving an irritation which I will explain below. I have tried some five different methods (and as many softwares) to solve my 'problem' - which is : I cannot get Firefox 2.0.0.20 to remember and prompt my credentials for B2C
while it has NO problem doing that for Webmail :: Welcome to Webmail, a seemingly iderntical site requiring the same credentials.

Back