Sql Developer for mac os help!!

Goku

Disciple
Hi, im using the sql developer for Mac OS X version 10.4.8 on my imac at work.

The problem is the sql developer is working fine (either the .app file or sh sqldeveloper from the zip archive) however after creating a connectionwhen I attempt to connect I get the error:

oracle.jdeveloper.cm.CMException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection.getSessionTimeZone()Ljava/lang/String;

at oracle.jdevimpl.cm.dt.browser.jdbc.JdbcBrowser.openConnectionBrowser(JdbcBrowser.java:243)

at oracle.jdeveloper.cm.dt.ConnectionNode$NodeOpen.doWork(ConnectionNode.java:457)

at oracle.ide.dialogs.ProgressRunnable.run(ProgressRunnable.java:159)

at oracle.ide.dialogs.ProgressBar.run(ProgressBar.java:553)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

When i test the connection it returns success.. but when i connect it pops up this error msg.. i read it up on google tht this is a prob with some old jdbc files.. but cldnt figure out wht exactly to do to solve this prob.

Any help wld b appreciated!.

:)

Phew!!.. got the solution myself. It turned out to be a prob with some old jdbc file in my Library-->Java-->Extensions folder. Deleted the contents of this folder and everythings fine now.

Thanks a lot... I was also facing this issue for long time and spend several hours with using different SQL developer versions.

Now the issue is fixed once I removed the contents of Java/Extension folder.

Cheers,
Anand

Back