Storage Solutions SSD Dilemma !

harryneopotter

NEO is my middle name
Adept
I need to buy a SSD as boot/OS/App drive. I suppose 120GB should be sufficient for this. My purpose is multitasking (i.e. Multiple Browser Tabs, Gtalk, Yahoo, Skype, MSN Live, Dreamweaver CS5. Photoshop CS5, Filezilla, WAMP, Utorrent, Dropbox etc all at once....). So need a stable, reliable, fast and VFM drive.

I have a budget of around 7k. Please suggest me the best available in this price, and if possible, pricing and link also.

Thanks in advance :)

Read about OCZ I don't know abt you but I won't trust a company's whoz stocks are at $1.65 currently ..... it might go bankrupt or can recover depends on the new CEO ...

Meanwhile Crucial m4 128gb is an option about 7.8k though ...

Read about OCZ I don't know abt you but I won't trust a company's whoz stocks are at $1.65 currently ..... it might go bankrupt or can recover depends on the new CEO ...

Meanwhile Crucial m4 128gb is an option about 7.8k though ...

thats exactly wat i meant .. !

Price is good ...but sadly..out of stock :(
How much and where did u get urs from ? And i sent u a PM ...rem me ?

Right now, you can do little to control the chances of said company going bankrupt.

But if you do not buy their product just because of this doubt, then you are unduly cordoning options. Also at those price points the OCZ Vertex4 is the best deal. The MLC and controller chipset are direct descendants of the Marvell chipset used by Crucial in their M4 series drives (and better).

Compared to the SandForce based competition in the market, I suggest that you go for the Vertex4. And now it is available for ~7250/- (from onlyssd.com).

Ill also be looking at the thread since I plan on buying an SSD in a couple of months.

Does the vertex 4 on that only SSD site come with warranty?

ok...here is the thing. My first preference is to get it from Local market. And i doubt that i will get it for <7.3k locally. But from what i know, there is a good chance of getting Intel 330 120GB for 7k. TBH, if i can get Vertex 4 for 7.3k locally, and it is better than Intel 330 series, i dont care if the company goes bankrupt the next day. The only things that matter are the performance and my budget.

Does the vertex 4 on that only SSD site come with warranty?

Big doubt because OCZ doesn't have any infrastructure (after-sales) so to speak of in India, onlyssd.com is under Prime ABGB so that might be a saving grace. Contact them and find out what are their terms.

Do they provide warranty cover, is their a network that (OCZ) has been established, Basically what if the hard-drive decides to leave you in a lurch.

Big doubt because OCZ doesn't have any infrastructure (after-sales) so to speak of in India, onlyssd.com is under Prime ABGB so that might be a saving grace. Contact them and find out what are their terms.

Do they provide warranty cover, is their a network that (OCZ) has been established, Basically what if the hard-drive decides to leave you in a lurch.

The listing at the site says "5 Years warranty". Moreover, I dont know about other places, but in Delhi there are a few distributors of OCZ drives, so proper Infra does exist here.

Are you sure onlyssd is owned by prime? Because they have a different price listing on their own website.

OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SATA III 2.5 inch SSD

plus primeabgb (with a link to its site) is directly listed under retailers on the OCZ website so i guess this one would have warranty as well.

Are you open to purchase from US , If yes adequate good deals come and are on

Yes, I am open to it. If an attractive deal is there, I can buy even a 120/128GB SSD but please suggest a 6 gbps drive only. :)

For US deal, I have used SnS and ishopinternational only. :p

Back