Storage Solutions SSD in 5K - Urgent

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi,
I am upgrading my system and looking to have a SSD for OS - Win 7 UL 64bit, all software installations and if possible one game.
My max budget is 5K +/- couple of hundred bucks.
I have came across two models

Kingston SSDNow V100 64 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (SV100S2/64G) @ 4985 @ Flikpart with Cash on Delivery option.
Or
Corsair Force Series F40A 40GB Internal Solid State Drive (CSSD-F40GB2) @ 4538 @theitdepot

Please reply fast as New Year free shipping for theitdepot may end soon.

40 gb will serve you a few hindrances,especially if you add more software in the future.

will advice you to go for 60 gb or greater

vantheman5211 said:
40 gb will serve you a few hindrances,especially if you add more software in the future.

will advice you to go for 60 gb or greater

Ohk from somewhere can i get Corsair F60 then ?

check prime abgb.they do have a few corsair models in stock i think.no idea about exact models;just give them a call or drop them a pm.

go for the intel 320 40gb version for 6k..

the corsair and the ocz version with sandforce controllers are having a lot of problems like bsod,crashes,freeze ups.

avoid OCZ and Sandforce at all cost.

buy either intel or samsung ssd.

those are highly reliable and third choice can be crucial ssd.

1)intel has premium on its pricing as its got higest reliability and endurance.

2) samsung is excellent performance and track record as good as intel.

3) crucial another choice,thanks to own controller they also have excellent price to perf,ratio.

I would also strongly suggest you to go for a capacity of 60GB or more. Don't be so hasty or you'll end up with low storage space. Plus you are going to work on win7 which will take around 15-16 gb of your space and as you go on adding applications you 'll go on consuming more. "Dunn wanna end up picking anything wrong.
<
": pick something smarter and a bit future proof.

Back