Stabiliser for PC/HDTV buying advice

Vandal

Skilled
Nov 9, 2005
I need a voltage stabiliser to use with my main PC and a 46-inch LCD. It seems my UPS cannot handle the voltage swings in NOIDA and I have no choice, as my PSU (HX850W) has got damaged.
Please suggest something that will be able to handle both PC and TV, or should I purchase two smaller stabilisers? Also what about digital VS analog? Suggest brands too. Any advice would be helpful, as I'm way out at sea on this.
Thanks!

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
Well if you want something that handles both your tv and pc then you will need a V-guard Digi 200 can handle a load of 1300+watt.
If its only the tv then all you need is a V-guard VG cyrstal can handle a load of 440watt.
Vg-crystal won't output any voltage higher then 240v even when the input voltage is as high as 290v.In low voltage it can handle a input voltage of 120v and it will output 144v
Digi 200 won't output any voltage higher then 253v when the input voltage is 295v. n low voltage it can handle a input voltage of 144v and it will output 168v.

The normal operating voltage of lcds and PSU is from 110v to 240v.

Vandal

Skilled
Nov 9, 2005
I'm also curious if the whole pure sine wave thingy could have anything to do with my PSU conking off. I run a Numeric 800VA UPS (plain-jane) and my PSU is a Corsair HX 850W. Any comments on that?

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
Perhaps ,i have heard from many that square wave output does cause inductive load based appliances like Fans to armature to heat up more.SMPS is again a inductive load.

A numeric 800va again isn't rated to handle the full load of HX850.Its AVR circuit may also not be upto task.

A stabilizer has a wider AVR capabilty then even APC smart line interactive UPS.

Vandal

Skilled
Nov 9, 2005
Thanks adder. Am curious, I also came across a brand called logicstat. Are these also digital stabilisers? They seem to have a better warranty of 5 years. Any comments anyone? I'm looking to purchase this sometime this week. Please advise.

Also I've seen some CVTs. What's the major difference?

enigma

Recruit
Oct 5, 2010
The max efficiency of most UPS is 0.7. [there are exceptions]
So Numeric 600 VA = 420 W max.

Numeric has an inbuilt AVR. You might want to go for a higher wattage.
Or, the best is to use an 'Online UPS'. Will mean more investment. But it's the safest.
It means that your system will always run off batteries, and the batteries are continuously charged by AC Power.
So effectively line fluctuations don't have any effect whatsoever on your electronics.

Hope this helps