Standalone bittorrent downloader

Dealextreme was once sold on this forum.

also i havent found anyone who is using " Asus 520gu wireless router " as torrent downloader :(

The Asus router can be used as a torrent downloader after flashing it with the DD-WRT firmware. I've got a 1TB external drive connected to a Linksys WRT610N running DD-WRT. Works pretty well for my purposes, which are downloading torrents and serving as a shared drive for the entire network.

@EDrill - Linksys WRT610N is better option than Asus 520gU , as the basic and diff in both these is RAM and FLASH (For linksys - 64MB RAM , and 8 MB Flash and for 520gU - 16 MB RAM and 4 MB flash) . and torrent prog are heavy on system , so cant say. Even never found any 520gU owner running torrent.

well if you didnot find then you didnot search very well ... i think there are atleast 3 -4 ppl here in this forum who are using it ... you have started another topic on same subject also

@kippu - I found few peple using it as downloading torrent, bt also found they are complaining that their download stops 10 minutes or CPU show 100%.

Anyway i found someone is using it on Asus 500g P . I would also love to knw if someone have done this, as i m also planning to go for this router over ASUS RT-13N (which supports downloading torrent with stock firmware) , as 13N is not supported by any custom firmware.

Back