Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon looks to be turning just a money miniting business

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well the registration started couple of days back.And i have been part of it from the start but from this year onwards i seriously think its just turning into a money minting business for the sponsors.Remeber couple of years back registration fees was hardly 300.

Even last year with heavy heart i filled 700 bucks thinking it might stick to it.And now i see they have made it 900 plus processing charges so almost 960/

Oh come on half the stuffs you provide are not even worth 300 bucks and nor do they have to pay as sponsors ake care of the same.
I guess this is my last year with them.Just made 1 registration from my family as i dont think its worth participating now.

whats the min time required to be eligible? what about all those old people and fat people who run in this event? how do they qualify?

Offlate they have turned into a joke.

When registration started.Suppose 2000 people will participate in half marathon earlier it was first come first .Now they changed it .General public to 200 people and less who participated earlier and have completed within stipulated time.So suppose this is the first time you participating your chances to partcipate is least.

Though correct in a way they should keep numbers high.But least is allowed and in dream run no limit or say 20-30 thousands allowed where one get no space to run or participate.

Cutoff for men is 3 hours 15 minutes. Mine was 3 hours 28 minutes last year (disclaimer : first timer without training), which implies I have to apply in the women's category. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP. Better off not registering for it.

Cost is getting high, but not allowing first timer is a pain in the ass. looking at the trend for the past five years they are trying to impose ban as much as possible, as they can't meet the demand. Two years before it was lottery system then last year it was first come first serve basis and this year compulsory timing requirement.. I can only think of this becoming like a Boston marathon :)

Only relief is there is women's quota that is very generous of them.

I have registered as I fit their criteria, hope to complete in a better time this year.

Only relief is there is women's quota that is very generous of them.

Here is the joke.I registered for my sister and no participating.My sister later told you participate as she wont be able to go for training.

And today i get this mail.

Thank you for registering for Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon 2013.
We have received your transaction for Marathon/Half Marathon race category during 19[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2012/20[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2012 without the last year's timing certificate, BIB number & Event Name. We request to email the Timing Certificate information before 22[SUP] nd[/SUP] August 2012 otherwise your registration will be rejected / cancelled for the selected category. Post cancellation your amount will be refunded back to your bank account/ card used to perform the transaction.

They should have quoted for women quota also they need timer runner.Now my 60 buks of processing money is lost with no mistake of mine.

They should have quoted for women quota also they need timer runner.Now my 60 buks of processing money is lost with no mistake of mine.

#magnet : That's a pity, as per the description at their site Women's quota doesn't require any timing. Here is the link
Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon - Event Information

and women's quota bit.

"Women's Quota: To encourage women applicants' participation, there are a limited number of running places reserved for women applicants who cannot submit a timing certificate or do not fall within the timings mentioned above (Half Marathon Women's Quota is Closed)."

Also, this year they made it compulsory that only registered members can run (Running on behalf of others not possible :( )

@Others : Anyone got the confirmation mail yet ? I have registered on the first day, but no mail yet.

I registered in this one through company quota which was better as I could get a place to race after being rejected in general application.

Anyway I just registered for Singapore standard chartered 42km as 21 got full.

Paid 75 sgd

#magnet : That's a pity, as per the description at their site Women's quota doesn't require any timing. Here is the link
Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon - Event Information

and women's quota bit.

"Women's Quota: To encourage women applicants' participation, there are a limited number of running places reserved for women applicants who cannot submit a timing certificate or do not fall within the timings mentioned above (Half Marathon Women's Quota is Closed)."

Also, this year they made it compulsory that only registered members can run (Running on behalf of others not possible :( )

@Others : Anyone got the confirmation mail yet ? I have registered on the first day, but no mail yet.

I got an apology letter from there site stating to ignore those mail.Hence now she can participate.
But the charge is really exorbitant .Even last time they couldnt even serve water in the route(dream run) and twice i had to satisfy my thirst via roadside crowd who were serving .

Back