Starship Troopers Preview

Blade_Runner

Skilled
Starship Troopers Preview

Something interesting................

1up said:
But your standard first-person shooter just can't convey the feeling of thousands of alien creatures swarming human soldiers such as was seen in the movie. Or can it? On its website, the Strangelite development team points out that the idea of endless waves of enemies overrunning the player is top priority in their game, and they've created the SWARM game engine to make it possible. That means that, while you won't see thousands of bugs inhabiting your screen at one time, you will see around 300 coming at you at once, which is about all you can ask for.

Imagine it -- you and your team are stranded at Whiskey Outpost (the fortress from one of the flick's most memorable action scenes). As soldier bugs stampede over the rise, flying bugs buzz through the air, and it's up to you to decide which is the greater threat. Do you run to the tower and man the anti-aircraft gun, or do you join your comrades at the walls and try desperately to beat back the encroaching swarm. This is the type of moment Strangelite's game engine was made to create, so expect a desperate battle against incredible odds almost every time you attempt to cross an open field.

Though Starship Troopers will feature indoor missions as well, including forays into caves on the bugs' home planet of Klendathu. Expect tense, Aliens-type moments in these missions, as you never know what lies around the next corner.

1up preview

Gamespot Preview

Demo

Movies/Media

i still like he RPG/strategy version of the game..

anyway..none of the links mentioned above r working for me...i had to copythem and personally remove the "http://www.techenclave.com/out.php?url=" part :S

Links corrected argus. Sad the strategy ones din't do that well. This one looks promising. Although i hope it's not overwhelmingly difficult :p

lolz i posted startship troopers preview on gamersindia 2 months ago...maybe i should start posting links here of my work :p

Back