State of Data Centers in India

kuld33p

Disciple
How far are we in creating world class data centers here in our country? I am trying to figure out what have we, Indians done in this area. Looking for some help in this regard. Who are the best providers with latest technology and security in their minds? Are they reliable? and safe? What concerns you, when I raise this question?

Not interested in US or rest of the world service providers for some reason.

Thanks for your research/response in advance.

We arent far away from comparison with the west or east. Cause now there are certain norms to follow while establishing a data center incl. its future expansion taken into consideration. Many Indian MNC's like TCS, Reliance, Infosys, Wipro etc. have world class data centers which can be compared to many foreign data center architecture and infrastructures.

These local data centers are in fact setup by hired foreign engineers or the team who has setup a branch in any foreign locations for the very same organization. Of course, experienced members of the local IT team are also part of the build because they are the ones who will be looking after all the infrastructure henceforth.

Some cos. used outsourced data centers just like we buy webspace from hosting parties.

Still this question would have been valid couple of years back.

CtrlS followed by web werks.
In Indian data center services are 10x more expensive compared to france.

I checked CtrlS and they seem to fit in my requirement but I am not sure about the management of this company. And from where the funding has come. Who actually owns it. Is it really an Indian venture.

This video gave me a lot of insight into this company and its leader though.

Crtl$4C is their new product on cloud which looks promising in the presentation.

And why is france a cheap data center destination?

I checked CtrlS and they seem to fit in my requirement but I am not sure about the management of this company. And from where the funding has come. Who actually owns it. Is it really an Indian venture.

This video gave me a lot of insight into this company and its leader though.

Crtl$4C is their new product on cloud which looks promising in the presentation.

And why is france a cheap data center destination?
I get great pings to servers in France. I guess for someone looking at Asia and US visitors its the best with 150~200ms pings.

Ctrls has a running largest DC in India, Largest in Asia is of course China's.
Though Ctrls has good network and with good routing. They have less bandwidth than what people expect of mere 15 Gbps. That kind of bandwidth is not even enough for a Stopping small DDOS attack.
Albeit, being a person who understand bandwidth prices and cost of infrastructure in India, Ctrls has treated bandwidth as an precious commodity and their growth rate isn't that impressive from what i understand.

Of all Premium data centers.
Netmagic is the best and Next comes Webwerks and Ctrls etc. In US, you can get $0.50/mbps but the same thing in India is $7/mbps.
We have enough data centers and Unlit Bandwidth. But cost of hardware and bandwidth is making it a costly affair.

Back