Steam achievements question

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]So recently I formatted my PC as I installed a SSD (and read a clean install is better than cloning from a HDD) and re-installed Steam. I downloaded Half-Life 2 and as the saves are on the steam cloud, I was able to continue from my last save. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Now, there's an achievement called "[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]Lambda Locator" which is unlocked on finding all lambda caches in the game. When you find a cache, the achievement pops up in grey telling you how many out of the total 45 caches you have found (eg. 4/45 found). [/background][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]I started from the latter part of [/background]"We Don't Go To Ravenholm" chapter and found a lambda cache and the achievement pops up saying found 1/45. Now I have found a bunch of these in the past chapters and was surprised to see none of it counted towards the achievement. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar issue and know how to correct this without replaying the past chapters.[/font]

Yea, I had a similar issue with Lara Croft: Guardian of Light. But that was more like a bug. My steam cloud saves got deleted because of the bug and when I started playing again, I saw that all my achievement progress had also been reset. I had finished one play-through of the game already so didnt bother too much about it.

For your issue, I guess you can raise a support ticket and ask them if they restore it. But, I doubt they can do that.

The incomplete achievements are stored locally, though the ones you HAVE completed are stored on the Steam clod. It's as simple as that
<

Back