Steam vs NonSteam

steam = legal , supported by valve
nonsteam = illegal , not supported by valve,

steam = u can setup online servers , which others steam users can join,
non-steam = u can setup lan servers (i think only lan servers) ,which others lan users can join,

I hope this is correct.

@akiso: steam and non-steam .. you mean cs right ?
non-steam cs: you can install on ur pc and and play on lan server's and internet server's, hamachi etc
steam cs: you login to ur steam account using ur uid and pwd, you play on steam servers hosted by vstreet and many other hoster's , plus you play on lan and internet servers, hamachi etc
you need a valid key to activate ur steam account
i bought steam cd for Rs 500 which has cs + cz,
On steam you can play not only cs but also many other games

steam=vac secured

nonsteam= non-vac secured
steam=good players + hackers ( but i ban them all )

nonsteam = noobs+ hackers

steam community > nonsteam community
Steam friends > nonsteam

hi.dkt2008 said:
@akiso: steam and non-steam .. you mean cs right ?non-steam cs: you can install on ur pc and and play on lan server's and internet server's, hamachi etc
steam cs: you login to ur steam account using ur uid and pwd, you play on steam servers hosted by vstreet and many other hoster's , plus you play on lan and internet servers, hamachi etc
you need a valid key to activate ur steam account,

please dont use colors to this extent and follow normal way of posting unless you want to stress on one specific point :S it looks way too bad this is forum and not IM client :|

on topic : as said before steam is legit and many online servers require that you have valid legit cd key before entering the server

you cannot play on these servers with non steam versions ;)

hi.dkt2008 said:
@akiso: steam and non-steam .. you mean cs right ?non-steam cs: you can install on ur pc and and play on lan server's and internet server's, hamachi etc
you need a valid key to activate ur steam account,

too much color :S

holi ko time hay yaar :cool2:

Gotch it !!!!!!
Next Query ->
To launch a Cs1.6 server is it necessary to install a CS1.6 before, or simply start with creation of HLDS folder and .............(as given in the most websites).

If yes then,
If we buy the CS1.6 which cost near Rs500 will we be able to launch a CS server.

1. buy a cd

2. install steam [ also install counter strike ]

3. follow the on screen instructions [ put the key ]

4. steam updates steam and also counter strike after you install steam

5. after the steam update go to Servers playing Counter-Strike in India | Server / Player Search | Game-Monitor.com :: Server Search, Monitoring, Stats and more

6. select a server .. and play :hap2:

7. to host your own counter strike server with 12 players max and admin rights, u got to pay rs. 900 every month to v-street

w1nD said:
please dont use colors to this extent and follow normal way of posting unless you want to stress on one specific point :S it looks way too bad this is forum and not IM client :|

on topic : as said before steam is legit and many online servers require that you have valid legit cd key before entering the server

you cannot play on these servers with non steam versions ;)

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
too much color :S

holi ko time hay yaar :cool2:

post edited :|

Steam >

You can play on any Server, also you can create server.. You'll get steam friends.. Regular updates..

Non Steam >

LAN server, Online Server also you can make.. I used to have one for CS 1.6 :bleh:

I would chose Steam.. because it rocks over non steam.

Back