Audio stereo amp for D2X & Tannoy F1?

spirovious

Disciple
Hi friends,

Can you suggest a good stereo amp matching with Xonar D2X & Tannoy F1?

I have few brands in mind-

Rotel,Nad,Arcam,CA.

I am offered Arcam delta 290 for 15k & CA540 for 18k.
Is there any better option?

Pls.reply.

I guess you couldn't possily go wrong on the CA540.

Whats your budget? If you dont mind going a little overboard, then do take a look at Lyrita Audio's tubes the 3WPC 2A3 SET might just fit your budget.

Viren typically recommends the Tannoys apart from his own speakers so you cannot go wrong there either.

BTW Amit was floored by your setup ;).

Thanks for reply,

I am actually looking for Budget amp & may extend a bit if worthy.
My starting Budget is 7.5k & not sure do I really require very hiend amp for budget Tannoy F1 spk.So lookinf for same.
Hence dropped down CA540 idea currently.

In that case, rather than scouting for some amp right now why not use the second speaker out on tour receiver (if it has one) and see if it works for you.

(this is ruenigma from hfvision).

Had to settle for a run-off-the-mill Denon DHT 390 XP due to budget constraints and persistent family pestering to come to a decision quickly. Its not a bad setup so to say but a few Ks more could've fetched me something better ;).

Yup I mean the spkr B out on the AVR. See if it suits your needs for the time being set the current amp budget aside, keep adding to it and once you have 'nuff to make the jump you'd never regret getting a proper stereo amp. :)

Spk B is not special,but its just a switch.Currently I am enjoying Onk AVR connected to HTPC with 5.1 ana out.Many suggest to have a seperate stereo amp for stereo(music)listening.So looking for similar option.

You can add stereo spk to your HTib & upgrade.I did the same to add Tany F1 & centre to ONK Htib.

Good suggestion there, but I've leart that the living room aint the place for stereo listening. So I am sticking to my desktop for the stereo needs. Will upgrade my A2s and Xonar DX to something better instead. :)

Yup I do have a HD202 as well an HD437, no amp yet though. Bot somehow I enjoy listening wirefree more. So the HPs serve mostly when my kid's asleep.

That's subjective, but I like the 437 better. The 202 sounds kinda over the top with their highs and the closed cup design does not help matters much either. The 437 on the other hand has its shortcomings and the open ear pad design leaks audio, but the mids and highs sound pretty decent for a comfortable listening at around 1500 bucks a piece for both there is little to differentiate, than personal taste.

Back