Steve Jobs passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hades. said:

Emotions are a recipe for disaster in any business. While they delay their launch, what will be remembered later on is they MISSED the date being unsure of their product. It is another thing that prebooking of the iPhone 4S will benefit - if only slightly - from this.

If Apple didn't feel the need to stop the pre-booking of the iPhone 4S in spite of the death of their co-founder, Samsung and Google giving such statements only smacks of lack of confidence in what they have done. This way they buy some time to fix any glitches.

agantuk said:
Emotions are a recipe for disaster in any business. While they delay their launch, what will be remembered later on is they MISSED the date being unsure of their product. It is another thing that prebooking of the iPhone 4S will benefit - if only slightly - from this.

If Apple didn't feel the need to stop the pre-booking of the iPhone 4S in spite of the death of their co-founder, Samsung and Google giving such statements only smacks of lack of confidence in what they have done. This way they buy some time to fix any glitches.

Exactly, I am surprised at those innocent people who believe Google genuinely decided to postpone the launch just because Steve's death :facepalm:

We will stay hungry,we will stay fool!

RIP Mr.Jobs,you will be missed.

Sent from my galaxy s2 with tapatalk pro.

Anna Hazare has paid tribute to Steve Jobs!

Anna Hazare, who followed the crucial debate on Lokpal in Parliament on his iPad during his fast, has paid rich tributes to the gadget's creator Steve Jobs, saying his innovations have helped him in his fight for Jan Lokpal Bill.

"Steve Jobs will always be remembered for his

unparallelled contribution to the world of technology. The news of his death is saddening," Hazare said in his latest blog posting.

Jobs, the co-founder of Apple which developed the iPad, died in New York on October 6 after fighting pancreatic cancer for years.

Hazare remembered Jobs as one of those who "sculpted the history of technology by bringing about a revolutionary change" that brought the world together.

"He enabled a line of direct inter-personal communication between people staying in different places at different levels. His contribution will be remembered forever. Jobs used his imagination and futuristic viewpoint as he worked on his research hence his revolutionary thoughts will always hold an important place in modern history," he said.

Acknowledging that technology has been helpful in organising people to fight against injustice and corruption, he said Jobs' innovations have brought about a revolutionary change.

"I have personally experienced this during my fight for Jan Lokpal Bill. Without any doubt, we will need it at every step of our life," he said.

"Though he is not present physically, his work has immortalised him forever. Here, I will quote Samarth Ramdas, a saint from Maharashtra, marave pari kirti rupi uraave (When a person is no more, he should be remembered for his work)," he said.

Hazare had on August 27, the 12th day of his fast in Ramlila Maidan demanding a strong Lokpal Bill, followed the crucial debate in Parliament over Lokpal Bill on his iPad.

"Bahut achaa hai (it is very good)," the 74-year-old Gandhian had then remarked as he watched the proceedings in his makeshift room at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi.

Steve Jobs helped me in my fight: Anna - Hindustan Times

On the other side:

To quote Stallman,"'I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone'. Nobody deserves to have to die – not Jobs, not Mr Bill, not even people guilty of bigger evils than theirs. But we all deserve the end of Jobs' malign influence on people's computing."

Although i do not completely agree with Stallman's views ,i do agree with some.

In the end i have respect for Jobs for his vision and his free thinking.

And i do have greater respect for Stallman , this man is a crazy idealist, and the world is not a ideal place.

^^ there is no irony in it.

his vision is not integrated in his products alone,his views hold a good weighteage in general life and what we mean to achieve in it.

his views? stay hungry? foolish? dont you realise that man was actually trying to destroy civilization?

if you were hungry and foolish, you would not survive a month.
"was hailed as a legendary thinker" oh please, he only wants your money, i bet he died happy sitting on top of his mountain of discarded-but-perfectly-working previous generation iWhatever devices.

lets not debate this here.

^^You did not get what he meant,some people never do.

You stay content,stay wise!God bless you!!

Sent from my galaxy s2 with tapatalk pro.

rabid.parrots said:
his views? stay hungry? foolish? dont you realise that man was actually trying to destroy civilization?

if you were hungry and foolish, you would not survive a month.

I understand your feelings man! a similar thing happened with me last week...I was eating Gulab Jamun and there was no F@#*ing Gulab in it! :mad: I felt cheated :(

Steve Jobs threatened to destroy Android

Apple Inc co-founder Steve Jobs said he was "willing to go thermonuclear war" on Google Inc's Android software, saying that its features amounted to "grand theft," the Associated Press reported.

Jobs, then Apple's CEO, said he would "spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," according to the AP's account of his biography, "Steve Jobs," by Walter Isaacson.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Too much power is a bad thing it leads to arrogance.

mhkadiwal said:
Steve Jobs threatened to destroy Android
Apple Inc co-founder Steve Jobs said he was "willing to go thermonuclear war" on Google Inc's Android software, saying that its features amounted to "grand theft," the Associated Press reported.

Jobs, then Apple's CEO, said he would "spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," according to the AP's account of his biography, "Steve Jobs," by Walter Isaacson.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Too much power is a bad thing it leads to arrogance.
Technically there is not a single penny in a us dollar! its only cents! could have been better if its disclosed in pounds!

OK!. I agree with steve 100%, if you had been seeing android from "cupcake" it looks like Ios, But the earlier versions were looking BB made to work with qwerty hardware keyboards.

Where did this transition come from? Just by deciding "This OS looks better to be copied".

and regarding affordability: STOLEN PRODUCTS ARE ALWAYS CHEAP...EVEN WHEN SUGAR COATED WITH "SUPER AMOLED PLUS HD"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back