strange message appears when desktop loads

siabell

Disciple
every time i turn my PC on, when the desktop loads i get one of two messages:
1. 'i wouldn't write this crap to bother you if i had a job!'
or
2. 'i think there might be something wrong. dont you?'

with the second message i can either click on yes or no. if i click on yes it says 'you're far more cleverer than i thought' (more cleverer?!?!?!?), if i click no it says 'i wouldnt write this crap to bother you if i had a job!'

please can someone help, i cant find anything that works and ive tried 5 different spyware and virus scanners.

if spywares and virus scanners arent detectin anything then
lolz...seems like sm 1 installed a prank software on ur pc and then added it to ur startup...:p

Go to Start > Run and type msconfig

there go to the startup tab and remove unwanted things...if u can post a screenshot of it and well point out whts causing this

Alternately, if you use a registry manager like RegEdit, you could remove the corresponding entries from there too.

Though this is a clear case of either some spyware, worm or a prank software. The latter in your case sounds more likely.

Search for the rootkits by Rootkit revealer by systinternals.There might be rootkit running on your system .Search in event viewer for the appliacations that start up on running the windows .

The exploit might have changed the registry key of loading windows shell with explorer.exe.

Back