Strange Problem with BSNL BB !!

SoundsGreat

Disciple
Hi,

I've been using BSNL BB (UL750) from 2005 (ever since they launched it) but from past two days there's a strange problem with it !

The Download speed is reduced to ~ 3 -4 kBps and browsing to 30-40Kbps :mad:! if that was the main issue I wouldn't have bothered to open this thread :hap5: !

The Problem seems to be only for download,coz the upload (via Utorrent) is spot on at 30Kbps :huh:!

Although I knew it was waste of time I still called their so called help desk,and the chick there asked me to do some random S**t,like change the DNS and stuff ! at last she says its the line fault and said will log a complaint !

It cannot be line problem coz, one the upload is fine second the SNR Margins (34.2 Downstream and 27Upstream) and Attenuation is perfect (19 Downstream and 7.7Upstream) !

So just thought to post here and see what you guys have to say bout this and also to check whether anyone else has encountered this problem !

Regards.

Hi,

Guarish tried it all, speedtest.com,2wire,abeltronica,our very own BSNL speed test etc etc.

But even otherwise without these tests I can tell that with just some random site opening ! it takes ages to load a page !

So there's something strange which is exactly what Am trying to figure !

Regards.

you are trying to say, in speedtest.net you get a speed of 3-4kBps or 30kBps?

also, if you running your PC in pppoe-mode(Always ON), try switching to bridge mode and try again. or vice versa.

you might wanna use wireshark to debug your network problems

Hi,

also, if you running your PC in pppoe-mode(Always ON), try switching to bridge mode and try again. or vice versa.

Buddy I've made it clear but Am sorry if its confusing ! the Download speed is 3-4KB and browsing speed is 30-40Kbps (both are same isn't it ?? 8bits are equal to one Byte) !

I have been running it in ppoe mode will try switching it to the bridge mode,but Am not sure as to why this is needed as untill 2days back all was well !!

Well the wireshark is a 17Mb file with the current speed it'll only finish tomorrow ! so will see what that has to say !!

Thanks again for the reply !

Regards.

SoundsGreat said:
Hi,

Buddy I've made it clear but Am sorry if its confusing ! the Download speed is 3-4KB and browsing speed is 30-40Kbps (both are same isn't it ?? 8bits are equal to one Byte) !
Alright got it.
your overall internet speed has been reduced drastically. no matter what application you use, network speed is always slow around 3-4kBps for all sites.

First check your line,
and post
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):

also switch the Line Modulation to G.Dmt.

Mostly probably this problem is at your ISP's end. their server seems to getting overloaded. file a written Complaint with your local exchange for the same.

Hi,

I have been running it in ppoe mode will try switching it to the bridge mode,but Am not sure as to why this is needed as untill 2days back all was well !!

Well the wireshark is a 17Mb file with the current speed it'll only finish tomorrow ! so will see what that has to say !!

Thanks again for the reply !

Regards.

Hi,

First check your line,
and post
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):

also switch the Line Modulation to G.Dmt.

Mostly probably this problem is at your ISP's end.

Yes done that too with no solution ! changed it to GDMT in that the SNR value is reduced to 30 from 34 (in adsl2+ mode)

as I said talked to the useless callcenter will have to talk to the exchange guys now !

Here's the full data if thats of any use !

Mode: ADSL2+
Line Coding: Trellis On
Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 34.6 27.3
Attenuation (dB): 19.5 7.7
Output Power (dBm): 12.2 11.7
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 16635 1241
Rate (Kbps): 2045 509
MSGc (number of bytes in overhead channel message): 72 15
B (number of bytes in Mux Data Frame): 24 5
M (number of Mux Data Frames in FEC Data Frame): 1 8
T (Mux Data Frames over sync bytes): 2 8
R (number of check bytes in FEC Data Frame): 16 16
S (ratio of FEC over PMD Data Frame length): 0.4147 3.1801
L (number of bits in PMD Data Frame): 791 161
D (interleaver depth): 64 8
Delay (msec): 6 6

Super Frames: 1269321 1279065
Super Frame Errors: 0 63857
RS Words: 198014218 4249737
RS Correctable Errors: 14 27842884
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 0 N/A

HEC Errors: 0 20331
OCD Errors: 0 0
LCD Errors: 0 0
Total Cells: 98987010 2832318165
Data Cells: 2303715 646185781
Bit Errors: 0 2979341

Total ES: 0 1793395
Total SES: 0 1768814
Total UAS: 20 1768619

Hope this will do !!

Regards.

I am also facing this problem of reduction in the download speed. The upload speed is still the same as before. I noticed this problem right today, as I didn't use my MTNL broadband service for the past two days. MTNL is the equivalent of BSNL for Delhi and Mumbai.

For people who use BSNL broadband for some years now, you will realize that for at least 10 - 15 days in a year BSNL will behave bad.

You will either be unable to connect, or keep getting disconnected often, or get almost 0 speeds on average for about 10-15 days each year.

I suggest you just relax and do nothing, and your speeds will be back to normal.

I am getting speed >2MB (250~272KB download / torrent) here in Chandigarh without any connection problem.

@OP wait some days for auto recovery.

i am facing another strange problem.... though i am not getting any download / upload speed reduction , my DSL link keeps going down... ( in variable interval , usually every 5 minutes ) ... the DSL initializes just as i does , when the modem restarts... i have check that the modem is not restarting.... probably this is a server side problem or line problem as my phone has stopped working since this problem appeared about 5 days ago...

and my SNR margins are off the charts....i mean totally different than what is posted above

here - SNR Margin (dB) 13.9 16.0
Attenuation (dB) 28.0 24.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 4096 640
Output Power (dBm) 11.8 19.6
Super Frames 37582 37580
Super Frame Errors 9 50

Back