Streaming Music Sharing Groups on TE ?

raksrules

Elite
I started the Netflix sharing thread which has gained lot of traction and we have been making groups here.
Now can we try to create a Streaming Music sharing group ?
I am not sure which app is best currently. My views on the apps I have used till now are..

Saavn - Excellent selection and sound quality even for free users. This was until it was offering Free tier. Now not using since it went fully paid.

Ganna - Using it currently in free mode but their "High" quality for free users still leave a lot to be desired.

Apple Music (not sure if we can share across apple ids) - I have free trial going on currently. Music quality if excellent. I really love it.

Amazon Music - I am US Prime user but that probably has limited music experience. Have to try yet.

Hungama - Didn't use much

Spotify - Great sound quality. Not available in India so not a contender here.

So can we try to make a shared account for the service we think is best and costs most reasonable. Ability to have profile for different people would be great addition if any service gives that as that can help us keep their taste of music separate (and I don't want to get embarrassed when people find I listened to Tum to Thaire Pardesi :p )

Was on Apple music before switching to Amazon Prime. Similar catalogue for English.
No need to go back to apple .

Dont think any music app allows sharing of accounts like netflix. unless someone here has done it and works

Apple Music has a family plan too. Also, Spotify has a family plan (supposedly launching soon in India)

I dont think it makes that much sense unless you want FLAC level quality.

Jio (Jio Saavn) works out to 1699+99 a year - and I think you can use a Jio ID to login. The content too is good.

Prime works out to 999 which is good, but some of my favs have been removed - like Video Killed the Radio Star, by the Buggles.

Gaana has a 99 promo offer for a year, some IIITD code. Need to check on Desidime for the TNC.

I think its going to remain a niche, with YT filling in the songs needed.

Me - since I listen to some indie artists, I prefer to upload to GPM and listen at my convenience.

Hi everyone,
I've got an apple music family subscription to share with 5 people. That way the cost would come down to 25 rupees per person per month. Let me know if anyone is interested

What does everyone use for English music? Spotify doesn't seem to have a lot of artists.
I should have continued with the Spotify-US subscription.

Is Apple any better?

What does everyone use for English music? Spotify doesn't seem to have a lot of artists.
I should have continued with the Spotify-US subscription.

Is Apple any better?
Apple music is good if you know what you want to listen to. Their recommendation is not that great. Nothing can beat Spotify in recommendation of songs.

Also if you want a streaming service for songs you already know might I suggest amazon music which is already free with Prime subscription.

Yup, agree with the person above. Spotify's discovery is unmatched. Period. But the catalogue offered by it in India is atrocious and that's where Apple music steps in. But that comes with a trade off of not offering as great discovery. But what makes me stick to AM is noticably better sound quality and not to mention that it also supports ALAC (which is a proprietary term for FLAC), and is cheaper.

I use Amazon prime music through my prime account. Has a good collection of everything but just like any other service, there are artists missing here too.
Recently they improved the UI on phone and I like it. Had apple music earlier and it was better than prime music but a tradeoff for getting prime free with my broadband airtel.

Apple Music experience is great (Please Note I'm not an apple guy and never own an iPhone in my life till date), Currently on apple yearly subscription....Yes, the recommendation is almost Nil compare to Spotify, but they have tons of music - Most of the Artists and their full discography available with apple music....Music Library is Huge.

When Spotify enters India - I opt for free trial for one month, then before committing to Spotify I decided to try Apple Music for 3 Months Free and that is it.....Addicted, Sound quality (AAC) is extremely good comparing Spotify Premium....Once 3 months over I renewed for one year individual subs which is 83.25/- per month.

Looks like Spotify India come to its senses and giving 699/- yearly sub.

Last edited:
Back