Streaming / USB to TV media player

amitkher

Disciple
Hi guys,
What do you guys do to play video files (possibly images and music too) on your TVs? Wireless streaming from a computer would be preferable, but if it is too expensive, I might even go for a USB hard drive based solution temporarily. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Anyone having experience with Western Digital's Live kind of devices in India? What kind of setup needs to be done on the PC which is serving the files?

thanks
Amit

One way to do it is to hook up your old pc (if you have one) or a laptop to the TV and share the content from your main PC's harddrive through a wireless router. Assuming you have full HD content, you would need a router that supports 802.11n, and a basic graphics card on the laptop/old pc/htpc to enable DXVA.

Easiest way to do it is to use a external hard drive to copy from PC and play on TV, if your TV supports the latest formats. I am using this method, but I am getting tired of manually transferring huge movies each time I want to watch them, will shift to a media streamer as soon as I have some moolah. Netgear NeoTV and WD TV Live seem to be good options from reviews.

Asus oPlay Air seems like what you want, I am not sure about the price through, ebay should help
<

Back