Struggling to find USB C hub supporting Dual monitor

belictony

Disciple
Looking for usb c hub supporting the below configurations. I started looking for usb c hubs to make a single wire connection to the laptop instead of connecting each monitor wire and usb peripherals separately. Unfortunately, I couldnt find any usb c hub around 10k supporting the below requirements:

1. Both monitors are to be connected through hdmi port (Type c to HDMI cable)
2. First monitor is LG 27GL850-B supporting 2k 100Hz through HDMI
3. Second monitor is Acer VG270P supporting 1080p 120Hz through HDMI

Need high referesh rate support on both the displays when connected to USB C hub

Laptop has thunderbolt 4 port (Lenovo L13). All the hubs that i find online costs 30K to 50K in India (e.g Belkin). Is there any USB C hubs supporting this configuration around 10K> Willing to extend a little bit on the budget.

When you first mentioned USB C, I wanted to reply like USB C doesn't have that much bandwidth to support those monitors.

But then in the end you mentioned that port is actually a thunderbolt 4. So clearly you need to search for thunderbolt hubs. Don't search for usb c hubs.

Dual HDMI output is hard to find. Following dock is available around 20k.

You need a thunderbolt dock.
I had posted one for sale but that’s already sold..
They were available readily for 15-20k in 2020 but Local availability seems to have got really bad for them unfortunately.

keep an eye out for dell wd19tb, hp G2 or Lenovo AN40.

When you first mentioned USB C, I wanted to reply like USB C doesn't have that much bandwidth to support those monitors.

But then in the end you mentioned that port is actually a thunderbolt 4. So clearly you need to search for thunderbolt hubs. Don't search for usb c hubs.

Dual HDMI output is hard to find. Following dock is available around 20k.

Isnt aliexpress banned in India?. I coudnt find any websites selling this in India.

Isnt aliexpress banned in India?. I coudnt find any websites selling this in India.
Check with local large B&M stores or indiamart..TB docks are more of a b2b product than a b2c..

I had picked a wd19tb and hp g2 for around 15-16K each early last year… and yes, both were absolutely worth the cost..

Lenovo an40 should be slightly cheaper - although with electronics prices and availability being what they are these days, hard to say for sure

What you need is a proper dock, not a hub. Check Dell Dock 6000 series. Rock solid, long life and has legendary Dell reliability. We have previous series in office and they just work. You can connect up to three 4K displays to this dock. If you do not have that kind of budget, check D3100 dock which supports three displays (one 4k and two FullHD). This one I believe can power a Type-C laptop via Type-C cable.
@belictony
I was checking a bit more detail on D3100 and looks like it does not support high refresh rate. This limitation exists for most docks due to USB 3.0 limitations unless that dock connects to mobo using Type-C. Even then, the refresh rate drops as you connect more displays. Not worth paying so much for these docks when you cannot have what you want.
If you want high refresh rate for your primary display while gaming, it is better if you connect it directly to your PC using DisplayPort or USB-C. You then connect the second display using hub or dock and as you do not need heavy lifting from your dock, you will save lot of money.
Update: Check the Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Mini dock. Looks like this one supports 4K 144Hz display and is may cost under 15k.

Last edited:
Be careful while choosing any dell docks... AFAIK all the dell docks has only one HDMI(or USB-C) whereas you are looking for two HDMI out.

Other possibility is to go for displayport to hdmi active cable which is hit or miss.

Be careful while choosing any dell docks... AFAIK all the dell docks has only one HDMI(or USB-C) whereas you are looking for two HDMI out.

Other possibility is to go for displayport to hdmi active cable which is hit or miss.
It’s not a matter of ports. Concern is on high refresh rate support.

I've found this on OLX. What do you think? Dell Business Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Dock - TB16 with 240W Adapter https://www.olx.in/ad/1683410909
Check the display resolution support table on dell website - they will have a detailed pdf
I initially assumed you need 2X 4K/60
SInce you need only 2k + fhd, USB C will have enough bandwidth for this - but just double check the resolution table for that wd16 model before you buy

Back