Studying material and mostly followed pattern for General Awareness in Govt. Jobs ?

Hi Guys,

I do read the newspapers everyday, and that too in depth. But was going through some previous of various govt. jobs, and there's quite a no. of questions dedicated to "General Awareness", as its being incorporated in each and every exam these days just like aptitude. The questions asked are just like say 20% of our awareness i.e those which we can come across in newspapers, and rest are quite difficult to categorize in GA.

I have just graduated in B.Tech and was keen on appearing for some Public-sector recruitment tests, and in this case i've filled the application form for "Coal India Ltd.". Till now i was quite sure that i can handle the GA part, only need to brush up my technical knowledge. But after looking previous papers, the GA seems to be tougher than the technical portion.
Asking from the experienced members in the same, is there any specific pattern like topics that are followed in GA, and some shedding of light on the correct study material would be of much help.

TIA.
BBThumbHealer :)

I am giving the coal india exam too... had given it last year and the questions were so insanely tough it almost seemed like a joke. Not talking just about general awareness either. If you are worried only about GA after seeing the previous papers then I think you are already fairly confident :D

^Exactly, the questions the extremely tough ! :| Secondly, after looking at those papers, my confidence came crashing down :p

TE'ians, any pointers for the right books ?

Back