stuff I got yesterday, from US :)

Thanks to Ritvik, got these!

for my sansa clip+, adata 16gb class 6

Got a DIR 825 router, needed this for my old inspiron 9400 laptop.

Would be in my new system :D, current one will go to my brother.

yate loon fans with filter

OCZ 1333 CL7

OCZ 700W modular

Gamer mouse, though I am not a gamer.

If you wouldn't mind these in this forum, best of the lot :p

Total Damages 40K, don't know the individual costs. A few more small things, I didn't include.

Congrats ! Let me know how the Clip+ performs with that mammoth card.. I've seen people facing battery issues with a 8GB card as well and that's why Ive held my purchase . :|

^ Thanks. Actually I had 8gb card before and I should say clip+ battery is pathetic. I just get less than 5 hours with flac :(.
@Konquerror Thanks Buddy!

haraakiri said:

Let me know how many reinforced concrete walls this goes through :)
img3933r.th.jpg

the picture on the box is your typical american house with drywalls (not very thick) & wood

@rave, @thogaibalu thanks and next time, will not run away for sure. :p

@blr_p will let you know, I don't have a big house though.

@desiibond, @Sudarshan_SMD @Darky : thanks. :)

@Ritvik thought you would ask me, why so late. It was hard to wait for it to come to India, once ordered! You will get a few more pms from me for sure :).

So many people buying high end IEMs on TE these days .. I remember ,few years back when the EP-630 GO was organized , people were not sure if they wanted to invest in a 800-900 bucks earphones ! woah and now we have UE ,Kilpsch etc pouring in :D.

Wonder who will get the first customs on TE.. or does someone already have a pair ?

^These weren't shipped from US, my friend got these for me :)

My observations on UE TripleFi 10

I am not an audiophile not even a "proper" music enthusiast. When at home I read a lot and love to listen to slower numbers and when outdoors,to avoid noise(Hyderabad is a very noisy city IMO) I listen to music. It turns out to 4+ hours of music. So take my observations with a pinch of salt.

I listen vocals mostly, so mids are most important to me. I love forward mids. I like sharp highs without being harsh. bass should be present but doesn't need to be punchy, decent tight bass is more than enough. For eg. bass from RE2 is enough for me. That's the reason why I love RE0. It has got great mids and highs with decent enough bass and can be driven by sansa clip+ easily.

Though TripleFi might not require it, still burnt in for 24 hours. When you put these into your ears, the first thing you would observe is "bass". There's lot's bass, punchy bass without overwhelming mids.You would love the detailed bass you get. ids are good but they aren't forward as is the case with RE0.(RE0 probably is the best I have heard when it comes to mids.). Highs are very good with good sparkle but aren't as sharp as RE0. That helps it in a way, that these never get harsh, which RE0 sometimes does.

Sibilance is lower than RE0 which are themselves are good at it. Microphonics are present. Cables provided are stiff and will move with you, so I don't think these are great when you walk or jog. Why couldn't they provide a better cable when it costs so much? I don't know. These are easily driven by sansa clip+, I don't think you will need an amplifier. Atleast I don't. Unlike many others, these do fit my ears perfectly. No problems there. And I don't sleep with these on, so issue there. I would invest in better eartips for sure.

Am I happy with the investment? I should say I am overjoyed! With the kind of sound signature I like, it doesn't seem like these would be great for me, but let me tell you, I really love these. It's more detailed than RE0 in lows and highs and for the first time I am enjoying bass too :).Anyway I would listen to RE0 too along with TripleFi, but AL5021 will be in cold storage I believe. Good news for my neighbors!

I remember Nandita Das saying in one her interviews "We over analyze things. Either we are moved by a film or we are not. That's all there is to it." I feel non audiophiles shouldn't over analyze earphones. Either you love the sound or you don't.
Let me warn you again, count on these observation at your own peril. :p

Back