sub 20k phone, suggestion required

I was looking forward to buying a sub 20k phone. No particular OS favourites as such. looking for a good deal and tinkering around. A good cam and music capabilities is an added advantage.

1. Q: Budget?

A: 20K (MAX)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: None

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G. WiFi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Will be keeping it for th next 3 years.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Nokia N8, LG Optimus 2X, Samsung Galaxy R

I liked th LG Optimus 2X more... any other suggestions please. I wnt be upgrading for another 3 years. So please suggest something good in value.

TIA !

samsung galaxy R . Really good price to performance and also has nvidia latest tegra 2 chipset . You need to hurry up though they sell out pretty quickly . This phone also has a very good battery backup .

samsung galaxy R . Really good price to performance and also has nvidia latest tegra 2 chipset . You need to hurry up though they sell out pretty quickly . This phone also has a very good battery backup .

#GameR1120 is there a big difference in performance levels compared with the Exynos Chip on SGS II

Galaxy R gets it in Q1, according to Samsung.. But, it should definitely reach us by Q2 -Mid, If not Q1 End..

Its only tentative but still remains unconfirmed, this is what keeps me on a dilemma. Because they might even turn back on their promise as they did with Samsung Galaxy S I9000.

Go for R its lag free & has a bug free OS. It works out of the box, so get a SGR.

Hope it helps.
<

I was looking forward to buying a sub 20k phone. No particular OS favourites as such. looking for a good deal and tinkering around. A good cam and music capabilities is an added advantage.

If you are not an application freak (And symbian has got most of the useful ones), go with Nokia N8 without hesitation. Dont go with the hype but your requirements.

You would get unmatched 12 MP camera with Xenon Flash which can put mid range Digicams to shame, Great AMOLED Display, Gorilla Glass, Anodized Aluminium Build, Great GPU, CPU doesnt matter as much because symbian is highly optimized OS and runs great on 680 MHz processor aided with Broadcom GPU, Nokia Belle OS is great and its usability is comparable with Android, 16GB Inbuilt Storage, Awesome multimedia capability, USB on the Go, FM Transmitter, Great Music Quality, Free Offline Maps and more. It is absolute steal for 18k for your requirements.

But if you think you will feel inferior with people using android, or you wont get 3 lakh+ applications, or you know how to toy with your phone with unofficial mods, apps and more, the best you can get now in your budget is Sony Xperia Pro at 19~20k or Samsung Galaxy S plus at 21k. Also try Samsung Galaxy SL and Motorola Defy. Defy has good developer support.

I would not suggest the SL unless you are going to swicth over to a custom ROM. The Galaxy R has an LCD display, pretty washed out as compared to the AMOLED.

The specs that compaines boast and of no use cuz the firmwares they write don't use all that power. The Galaxy S (i9000) has and will be the best 20K android for a while. You cannot beat the super Amoled display, sensitivity, performance and support.

I use ICS on my Galaxy S and it's absolutely brilliant; phenominal battery life. Check here

Back