Budget 30-40k Sub 40k 5G phone.

I believe even 30k is a reasonable budget for a 5G smartphone. However, don't you think having 5G smartphones without a 5G network might not be too useful? It is still some time to expect the 5G network in India and most of the people want to stay ready with a 5G smartphone. As soon as any brand announces its 5G network, they would be quick to pounce on it. And while Jio has already promised 5G in some time, do you believe that it would be able to fulfill its promise in the given period of time.
Vendors such as Qualcomm already brought 5G chipsets in India almost 2 years back and those like MediaTek are planning to bring it soon. So if you are looking to buy a 5G smartphone, I think it would be reasonable to wait for some time and let the MediaTek powered 5G devices get launched in India. They are already very successful in China and it's just a matter of some days when they come to India as well. Devices like Oppo Reno5 Pro, Redmi K30 Ultra, Realme X7 Pro etc. look really good and I believe they would occur in your budget as well. Also, even Micromax is planning to launch such 5G devices very soon. So waiting for these devices could be worth it in the upcoming period.
I agree with a few points you mentioned but I would really like to correct some points. For instance, it is true that 5G has not yet reached India and there are hardly any chances at least in the first half of 2021, but being ready is not wrong at all. And besides, brand have been selling 5G smartphones in India since December 2019, so if people are buying these smartphone there is nothing wrong. Actually, these powerful 5G chipsets have much better CPU clock speed and they also have a better battery optimization. So they can be a really good thing for the gamers and those who do a number of tasks together. Not having a 5G network is just one aspect and a 5G chipset can serve a lot of functions.
And I agree that this is not the right time to buy smartphones. When Oppo has already announced the arrival of Reno 5 Pro in India on January 18th and lots of other brands are planning to launch Mediatek 5G chipsets in India, waiting to find the cost of smartphones powered by MediaTek Dimensity 800U and MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ is quite reasonable. Brands like Oppo, Vivo, Redmi, Realme, Huawei, Micromax, Lava, Samsung and many others are bringing these Mediatek chipsets in the Indian market very soon and waiting just a few mor eweeks could get you a really good device.

Xiaomi has also launched Mi 10i which comes with 750G

Attachments

• IMG_20210106_171324.jpg
    IMG_20210106_171324.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 114
Back