Subconscious mind riding the bike ?

raksrules

Elite
Ok so this has happened with me a couple of times before wherein i am on my way to office or coming back and while riding the bike some thought suddenly strikes me and i start thinking about the same. All this while i am riding the bike (on open road and in traffic many a times) and suddenly after some time i realize that i have traveled quite a lot from where i last remember. And i have no memory of that small patch(this can be upto a kilometer sometimes) i rode the bike :huh:
Now was it that my subconscious mind was riding the bike at that time ???

PS: I know such a thing is highly dangerous and can be fatal :ashamed:

it happens same thing when i play racing games and doesnt happen when i play CS.. but never happens when i drive a real car.. dunno whats wrong with we two..

to overcome this problem, carry a MP3 player and listen to songs.. a very fast song

It happens to me all the time. I drift by, thinking about other things and when something on the road calls for immediate attention the mind snaps back into reality.

For those who've been riding/driving for a long time it becomes kind of a second nature to them. It also helps to have a good driving instinct and the ability to make the correct judgment. Then only one can afford to 'drift off' :p

raksrules said:
Ok so this has happened with me a couple of times before wherein i am on my way to office or coming back and while riding the bike some thought suddenly strikes me and i start thinking about the same. All this while i am riding the bike (on open road and in traffic many a times) and suddenly after some time i realize that i have traveled quite a lot from where i last remember. And i have no memory of that small patch(this can be upto a kilometer sometimes) i rode the bike :huh:

This happens to me when ever i am $toned and as GOW said it happens to me also while playing car games.The funniest part is i used to doze off while driving bike:ashamed:

well same thing happens to me too...the thing is that when we have traveled the same road many times all becomes too familiar and we stop taking notice of things unless something new or out of order shows up

SharekhaN said:
It may be serious than that. I would recommend you seek some kind of professional help. At least discuss the same.

^^ Nope. before getting a professional help, i would recommend you guys to play a fast music while riding the bike.. if that doesn't solve, you need to take a professional help.

I have drifted off like that few times in my engineering exams :p.....

While writing a paper trying to recall something I drifted off :rofl:.... Snapped back after sometime and realised I had written gibberish during the time I was gone...

Bah, happens all the time, esp when the ride is a chore and you are on a road that you are used to

I can't remember the details of my office commute on half the days

G@d of w@r said:
^^ Nope. before getting a professional help, i would recommend you guys to play a fast music while riding the bike.. if that doesn't solve, you need to take a professional help.

To get killed ??? :S

raksrules said:

Happens all the time to me and may others too..chill no big deal..just make sure ur driving slow ~30kmph(not much choice in city :p)

Spacing out is cool lmao, happens to me too when I am driving for long. But this happens at speed not more than 40 Kmph, alertness automatically comes when speeds reach ~50 & roads open up.

G@d of w@r said:

yes...n also get hearing sense compromised....the stairway to heaven?? or shall we call it the highway to the hell??!!

anyways...i myself listen to very fast tracks while riding ike... wid ep630...covered by helmet...:tongue:
bt thats coz i constantly keep an eye on side mirros n volume is low in city traffic :)

G@d of w@r said:
EHH WTF.. I DIDNT SAY FULL VOLUME :S

Even using a headset for the mobile is not advisable while riding a two-wheeler and you suggest listening to music !?:no:

And if you go ahead with the same...:S

Either the volume is too low for you to enjoy

Or its too high to pose a risk of not hearing a vehicle honk!

Mate,suggest something less risky instead of explicitly justifying your statement.:|

^^ Eh.. Who Tells The Rider To Use In Ear Canal Earphones :bleh:

Use A Stock Earphones..

Its Not My Lookout If The Volume Is Too Low To Enjoy..

raksrules said:
Yep, it happens to me too while riding a bike... :ashamed:
But I quickly snap out of it since somebody or else runs across the road for crossing (in Mumbai) :no:

Back