Subwoofer - Full Ranger

Nash

Adept
K guys i have a Modified 5.1 speaker set from F&D which was given to me by a frnd to forget another Frnd lol ..recently My Sub died on me so i planned to work on the Front Left and Front right along with the Sub but fell short on cash ..I picked a set of JBL Full range speakers rated at 60 RMS each to take plc of FL n FR but now since i am short on cash i was wondering if i cud run my Full ranger as a Sub [at risk of sounding Really dumb ] they are Rated to run 70Hz to 21,000Hz /90db .
Wat say ? Audiophiles plz dnt stone me.

well u can make a sub even with a full range i had made one it was full range 8inch local one called polton a duplicate of bolton and i connected a passive low pass filter and it did a fine job,offcouse it wont go realy low as a dedicated subwoofer driver but it gave satisfactory sound.

adder said:
well u can make a sub even with a full range i had made one it was full range 8inch local one called polton a duplicate of bolton and i connected a passive low pass filter and it did a fine job,offcouse it wont go realy low as a dedicated subwoofer driver but it gave satisfactory sound.

Howz it on Movie play back ?

The present set up is way better than my Z 5300 hence i use it more Often ..Just need this Sub issue rectified.

Do i have any options buying just the Sub if so where and which one's.

Nash said:
Howz it on Movie play back ?

well it depends on the sub enclosure,and also on the full range size and movement,mine was pretty good in movies donated it to my friend since i already had a 12inch home made sub and a creative gigaworks s750.

Back