PC Peripherals Suction tools and cartridge refilling

Emil

Skilled
I print very infrequently and I have a HP AIO inkjet printer. The trouble is that I loose more ink due to drying up than actual printing I guess. I have also not been too successful with getting it refilled as I get poor life from refills.
I see suction tools for sale and I was wondering if it may be a good idea to buy one of those tools and refill at home. I was also wondering if all those cartridges that did not work after refilling can start working once I subject them to suctioning.
Anyone has any experience using suction tools for ink cartridges?

I had a HP 3050 inkjet and I used to refill each and every cartridge (802 Black and Color) minimum 5 times before throwing. I used both suction tool and drops of cleaner/diluter and the cartridges worked fine, absolutely no issues.

I had a HP 3050 inkjet and I used to refill each and every cartridge (802 Black and Color) minimum 5 times before throwing. I used both suction tool and drops of cleaner/diluter and the cartridges worked fine, absolutely no issues.
Thanks. I have tried to get them refilled by shops but often, even a cartridge refilled first time would not work for me. I actually gave up using the printer.
But the suction tool concept looks promising so I was looking for first hand anecdotal experience.
What is this cleaner/diluter?[DOUBLEPOST=1476107404][/DOUBLEPOST]
Spend the extra buck, and stay away from self servicing.

I've tried this, failed big time.
Sorry! The extra buck on what do you mean? New cartridges or professional refilling? Note that my printing is infrequent so if I spend a grand on a cartridge and get perhaps 10 pages before the ink dries up, that is surely not "the extra buck"? Perhaps I've misunderstood what you were saying.

I meant professional refill, not new cartridges.

IMO, no matter what route you take, with your usage scenario it will always cost you more.

Or you can always upgrade to laser, i have been on a single toner for last 1+ years

What is this cleaner/diluter

Please search for head cleaning solution on ebay or any other site, there are many listings. You may find many listing of suction tool with cleaning solution. One drop of cleaning solution with suction tool helped very much in increasing and refilling cartridges.

Hp uses ink called Viviera which is very costly . Refilling the ink once makes the cartridge log it inside the small chip that is integrated inside the catridges .
The only way to bypass it is to do a semi full reset of the printer while the cartridges ar still in . This will clear the counter inside the cartridges . And this can be confirmed by doing a Tap 10 test of the printer which are all device specific . However the print quality will degrade as refilling the catridges with original HP ink is not possible . Hope that helps

Please search for head cleaning solution on ebay or any other site, there are many listings. You may find many listing of suction tool with cleaning solution. One drop of cleaning solution with suction tool helped very much in increasing and refilling cartridges.
Thanks

Hp uses ink called Viviera which is very costly . Refilling the ink once makes the cartridge log it inside the small chip that is integrated inside the catridges .
The only way to bypass it is to do a semi full reset of the printer while the cartridges ar still in . This will clear the counter inside the cartridges . And this can be confirmed by doing a Tap 10 test of the printer which are all device specific . However the print quality will degrade as refilling the catridges with original HP ink is not possible . Hope that helps
I'm aware that HP identifies the cartridge by means of a set of contacts on the outside. To the best of my knowledge, the counter is in the printer. I remember that the methods used for counter reset required masking some contacts. From that I deduced that the printer remembers the last 3 cartridges used. I therefore preserve a few old cartridges and each time I refill, I cycle a couple of old cartridges before installing the refilled one. That solves the reset problem for me.

Last edited:
I meant professional refill, not new cartridges.

IMO, no matter what route you take, with your usage scenario it will always cost you more.

Or you can always upgrade to laser, i have been on a single toner for last 1+ years
professional refill hasn't been successful for me. Probably because the ink nozzles are clogged by the time I get it refilled. I need to clean the nozzles I guess. that's why the query about suction tools.
I have considered the Ricoh single function but at present I am reluctant because of the size (depth)

Back