Camera Sugestion for Super Zoom Digi camera : Budget around 15 K

Hii guys,
I have been reading reviews all over for last few months now and am really confused on which camera to buy now :S :bangin:
1. I was looking for Nikon L110 (Rs 13.5 K), but the reviews are not that good
2. Reviews of FZ 35 & TZ 10 are really nice, but slightly exceed my budget
3. Olympus SP 800 - not sure how good it is - mixed reviews
4. Canon SX 20 IS - good reviews but costly
6. Nikon P100 - Nice but doesnt give fine details
5. SX 120 / 130 IS - Good reviews but offers 12MP and 12X at Rs 14.5 - is it good?
6. Fuji Finepix 2800 HD - again the reviews are not that great

Guys i would request you to suggest me a nice camera in that field. :sos:
I need good flash perfromance and low light photos quality to be good with great zoom and with more fine details :eek:hyeah:
I am a casual fotographer but i dont want my camera to be a bottleneck for me.
It would be great if I can shoot HD movies as well, thats on my list too !!

Guyz please help me with this, if you know any store other than jj mehta or fort ones....please let me know ...i am reluctant to buy from grey market ...because these are little costlier ones :ashamed: ...would like to have a warranty....!!

All suggestion are welcome :cool2: ....waiting for the replies...thanks :)

You can have look at New SONY H55 with 10x, comes around 14.5k can be tried in any good show rooms.

One of my friend has bought this , seems to be very happy.

Design is sleek.

thanks for teh quick reply :) . yeah dude, the picture quality is good but at higher ISO and lower light it is not giving good results....shutter lag is little more and time between two shots with flast on is 3 secs or more....!!

video quality as per reviews is not that great....it is mainly for pictures they are saying....have you used it? taken any shots or mvoie?

If you want to consider Fuji, look for cameras with SCCD sensors. Like S200EXR or S300EXR.

I am biased towards Fujis, I have used 3 models of their first gen SCCD sensor based cameras and feel none others can match the colors and dynamic range. Only drawback I feel is the shutter lag.

If you want just higher MP cameras, most of the cams you have mentioned will give you decent to very good quality pictures.

random2 said:
If you want to consider Fuji, look for cameras with SCCD sensors. Like S200EXR or S300EXR.

I am biased towards Fujis, I have used 3 models of their first gen SCCD sensor based cameras and feel none others can match the colors and dynamic range. Only drawback I feel is the shutter lag.

If you want just higher MP cameras, most of the cams you have mentioned will give you decent to very good quality pictures.

thanks for the reply dude, i saw that ones, but i think they are just little over my budget. can u tell me for how much i can buy that? It doesn't have HD one, but that will do if the pic quality is nice, its sensor is bigger too...!!
iamlegend said:
I bought FZ35 for 15.5k in Bangalore with out warranty(but from Trusted dealer) its really worth buying rather investing in Sony H55 or Canon SX20. You can refer FZ35 Thread http://www.techenclave.com/general-portables/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz35-superzoom-digicam-146819.html

and my review PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ35 Review, PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ35 Price, PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ35 India, PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ35 Compare, The Bese Mega zoom i have seen so far - MouthShut.com

hope it helps :)

Aj

thanks aj, actually i had read ur review earlier...its nice and some what others as well..!!

the problem is i can't find guys selling FZ 35 below 22 K, and one who is offering at 18K, dont offer warranty...!!

its a bit costlier, so wudnt it be nice to have some warranty attached to it??

thanks for replies guys....any more suggestions .... :ashamed:

The Canon SX130IS should be a safe bet, if you can get it within your budget. However, be ready to invest at least another 1k for Eneloop batteries and a fast charger, 'coz this cam drains alkalines fast. The better cams in your shortlist are costlier, so unless you can really extend your budget, forget about them. If you end up buying a SX130IS, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

You can go for Canon. Fujis without SCCD sensors are useless.

One suggestion on rechargeable batteries, dont buy a fast charger. Your batteries will thank you. Get a trickle charger which take few hours to charge. The fast chargers with high amperage will damage your batteries.

random2 said:

When was the S300EXR launched? S200EXr,S100Fs are all good,built strongly but both are way above his budget.

to the OP
FZ35 is a good model if you don't mind buying in the grey market,otherwise get the Sony H55.

thank you very much for the suggestions guys

i was considering sx 130 IS too...as sx 120 IS did look good...

guys can any1 suggest where i can buy fz 35 in mumbai in grey market? with some assurance or a good vendor?

please quote the price if u have bought it.....

can any1 tell me about P100?? has ny1 used it?? howz it?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

guys jjmehta is offering

Fuji HS 10 & FZ 35 for rs 21.5 K nw....is HS 10 a good choice??
it does have a super ccd sensor, but dpreview isnt talking great about this thing !!!
waiting for rplies guys.....:ashamed:

HS10 & FZ 35 for 21.5 k with b&w is a pretty good deal .

but if you are willing to spend that much , then why not pick up canon 1000D....???

if you can arrange,you will be able to get FZ 100 from us for similar price.

Get FZ35 and celebrate... :hap2:

Or if U are looking for a sleeker design, which can easily slip inside the pocket and can compromise with the zoom, Sony H55 does it...

will be best bargain..

alex001 said:
but if you are willing to spend that much , then why not pick up canon 1000D....???
Dude, does the story ends with buying a body only or kit lens in case of DSLR...!!

alex001 said:
HS10 & FZ 35 for 21.5 k with b&w is a pretty good deal .

if you can arrange,you will be able to get FZ 100 from us for similar price.
but panasonic doesnt offer an international warranty.....or do they?

anyways to buy an international warranty from them?

ashvarybabul said:
Get FZ35 and celebrate... :hap2:

Or if U are looking for a sleeker design, which can easily slip inside the pocket and can compromise with the zoom, Sony H55 does it...

will be best bargain..
Dude, does the story ends with buying a body only or kit lens in case of DSLR...!!
yeah dude, can't go for DSLR as it won't be of much use without buying more lenses??

any one can suggest a local vendor whom i can trust and buy at a grey market in mumbai?

If u can spend a little Extra, then get the FZ35. Nothing like it....

Try if u can increase ur budget a little... Thats the best Super Zoom available in India...

swapyworld said:
thank you very much for the suggestions guys

i was considering sx 130 IS too...as sx 120 IS did look good...

guys can any1 suggest where i can buy fz 35 in mumbai in grey market? with some assurance or a good vendor?

please quote the price if u have bought it.....

can any1 tell me about P100?? has ny1 used it?? howz it?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

guys jjmehta is offering

Fuji HS 10 & FZ 35 for rs 21.5 K nw....is HS 10 a good choice??

it does have a super ccd sensor, but dpreview isnt talking great about this thing !!!

waiting for rplies guys.....:ashamed:
Go for FZ35 its worth for the money.

chk out this thread u will get lot of Grey market dealer info :)

NEED HELP ABOUT NEW DSLR AND THEIR PRICES IN MUMBAI

--

Aj

thanks ashvarybabul, darshan and iamlegend for replies, so guys you would suggest me fz 35 over HS 10 /finepix 2800 ...right?

no considerations for olympus or nikon p100??

and if anyone knows, is it possible to buy an international warranty if i cud squeeze the deal from US?

The HS10 beats the FZ35 in every aspect, but doesnt fit in your budget of 15k. Here are a few more cameras for you to consider

Samsung HZ50W
Canon SX30

thanks guys for the suggestions !! :D

NinByChoice said:
The HS10 beats the FZ35 in every aspect, but doesnt fit in your budget of 15k. Here are a few more cameras for you to consider

Samsung HZ50W

Canon SX30
canon sx 30 IS will definitely exceed my budget friend, on jj mehta it is around 27.5 K.....if i can i add 4 k more....i think i can buy D3100 !!

and i am not getting any reviews for samsung HZ50W, how much doest it cost? n how good it is??

@ HS10, dpreview is not letting it come near fz35, canon sx 20 IS and nikon P100.....have you used it friend?

guys,has anyone has suggestions for olympus SP 800 / nikon P-100 / finepix 2800 HD?

just making sure i do get a good deal....really appreciate help from all of you guys.....waiting for replies.....and any suggestions on panasonic international warranty too??

I have Nikon L100 from ebay. I saw the reviews only after buying. All negative.

But since I have some knowledge about cameras I started using the L100. The results were fantastic. Indoor photos wont look like indoors. They will be equally better to out door ones.

L110 is advanced and should fit your budget.If you are buying this model I will help you get better pics. The choice is yours.

Back