Monitors Suggest 24inch monitor for dual screen setup

I have brought DELL 2415H IPS monitor. I would like to compliment it with another 1080p resolution 24 inch monitor. the problem with this DELL model is the screen surface is glossy.

Difficult to read from the screen without distraction (reflection from the glossy screen). Thinking of buying the second one which has better viewing for text. Please suggest another good monitor to complement my setup.

Primary use - surfing, coding and general office stuff. Casual games, nothing hardcore.

Budget: up to 13K (nothing fancy required, HDMI port is must)

I have the same model. Nice monitor. The screen is glossy yes, but you get used to it. Never bothered me. In fact I'd buy the same model for my dual monitor setup

I have the same model. Nice monitor. The screen is glossy yes, but you get used to it. Never bothered me. In fact I'd buy the same model for my dual monitor setup

I have just bought an LG 24mp59g from amazon for 15k. It has a matte surface and is not a problem with either texts or gaming or movies or anything else. You can check it out.
24 inch monitors start from 10K. Please take a look at amazon.

Although you may have already tried it, but with the glossy screens that I have used in the past, I used to ensure that there is no light source visible from the angle that I am looking at it and it never bothered me after that. You may want to try it if not already. Just turn your monitor off (or have a total black background), sit where you do, and see if there are any light is getting reflected from the screen. If no, turn it on and see if it bothers you. Get a new matte finish monitor. If yes, change the angles till you no longer see it. Turn the monitor on and see if it bothers you.

I know some people just never get used to reflective monitors. :)

thanks buddy. Problem is my monitor is next to window, so some light reflection is bound to happen, can't escape that :(

the LG monitor you mentioned does not seem to have VESA mount for wall mounting. :(

Was looking to buy another Dell S2415H, but the product looks like is discontinued or limited stocks available at very high prices like 17K

Planning to buy DELL E2418HN, could not find any good reviews.. Also after wall mount, will the monitor screen align with each other? Any feedback on the same would be appreciated..

Aligning monitors from display settings is not a problem. Problem comes in physical alignment which I am assuming you are worried about. If I were you, I would check youtube if people have similar arrangements. Dual or triple monitor setups look the best with same models. However, many people run multi monitor setup with different models, myself included. My setup doesnt look pretty, but it does the job. FYI, I have the LG monitor as main, to its right I have a samsung 22 inch TN panel monitor (very old with very thick bezels), and to its right, I have a 39 inch LED TV (on a second table attached to the first one). It does NOT look pretty, but I can watch a video, play games, view my emails all at the same time. My plan is to mount the TV on top of these 2 monitors, but I am just not getting enough time right now. Also, this 22 inch monitor is connected to another old phenom II based PC at the same time. hehe.
Below is roughly what I want my setup to be like:
| =================== |
| |
=========TV==========
====Mon 1=====Mon2======
| | |
============|===========

yes, i was refering to physical alignment..

I shortlisted the following monitors.. Please help make the choice..
1. Dell E2418HN
2. Dell P2417H (the price is higher, but extra USB ports makes it worth??)
3. BenQ GW2470HL
4. BenQ GW2470ML

yes, i was refering to physical alignment..

I shortlisted the following monitors.. Please help make the choice..
1. Dell E2418HN
2. Dell P2417H (the price is higher, but extra USB ports makes it worth??)
3. BenQ GW2470HL
4. BenQ GW2470ML

Please list down the prices you are getting them for to make an informed decision. Please post links to an online store if possible

1. Dell E2418HN - 11200
2. Dell P2417H (the price is higher, but extra USB ports makes it worth??) - 14300
3. BenQ GW2470H - 9100
hi,

Check if LG 24MP88HV-S Fits your need.

i'm also in search for a 1080P 24" IPS monitor for a dual monitor setup. i feel that this along with p2417H could be your best bet.

Back