CPU/Mobo Suggest 780G mobo for X3 720

Dark Star said:
^^Buddy Mbs are expensive cause you are eyeing at the premium products.. Believe me except few sparkel those premium board are not so worth it..
Brands like Jetway and Biostar has opened new way for both Performance and value mb segment :p

Get the 790GX from Jetway or Biostar @ 5-6k :) No point in wasting so much money in AM2+

I agree totally.... Looking at those mobo prices :S now I am much more inclined to BIOSTAR.... :ashamed:

What about this mobo....
Jetway - Tech.On The Move - Motherboard - HA06-Ultra
Newegg.com - JetWay JHA07-ULTRA-LF AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
This looks tempting.... ;)

swift said:
I don't understand why motherboards are so bloody expensive here. Most other hardware components are almost similar in price to their US counterparts, but that completely breaks down with motherboards.
Just today i saw a review of the new gigabyte 790x mobo, and the reviewer said he shelled out nearly 11.5k. Thats not all, the gigabyte 790GX mobo, for which the 790X is supposed to be a cheaper alternative for those with discrete graphic solutions, costs around 10k. Overpricing stuff is one thing, overpricing blindly without looking at the market its aimed at is utterly retarded.
Almost all the motherboards released after mid-2008 are costing twice as much here as in the US. Is there any particular reason for this? Its annoying as hell that theres such a gigantic price gap between a decent 780 and 790 mobo. I'm sure its pretty similar with P35 to P45 transition too.
Currently I'm very open to the possibility of importing motherboards, since it would spare me atleast some 3k on a high end mobo. The only thing stopping me is I'm afraid of ending up with a bricked mobo.

this applies to all high/extreme end products n nt just mobos.
its very simple...demand is less n thus the premium is more. you dont c ppl buying mobos worth 10+k everyday in every shop of any market in India.
take a look at the mid-range or consumer segment products...they are almost similarly priced in India excluding tax.

one more reason is the chain between the end user n the manufacturer.
incase of newegg.. the only party earninng the commision would be newegg(if they contact the manufacturer directly)...so the margin is fixed.. everybody gets product at same cost n profit per product per party remains constant...while there is only one risk taker.

in street markets here in india... the link is very long...
the end user approaches retailer, retailer approaches dealer/distributor , n distri approaches the import if its nt the same..think of the commission n risk involved.
thus the premium on the least sold bt high cost product will be maximum.

order 50-100 nos of same high end boards directly from the importer n u may get prices same as what u get on newegg ;) +incentives from the manufacturer n importer ;)

edit: i just found out that the ACC (about the only reason i ever had to look at 790 chipset), is automatically disabled when using phenom II processors, because its built into the processor during manufacture lol. So i'll be sticking with an ok 780g or 770 mobo. use my savings to get a ccf :p

swift said:
edit: i just found out that the ACC (about the only reason i ever had to look at 790 chipset), is automatically disabled when using phenom II processors, because its built into the processor during manufacture lol. So i'll be sticking with an ok 780g or 770 mobo. use my savings to get a ccf :p

Another peculiarity of Phenom II X4 overclocking is connected with Advanced Clock Calibration (ACC) technology. Some data suggest that it allows reaching higher overclocking results with previous-generation Phenom processors on mainboards featuring ATI SB750 South Bridge. Although it is formally supported by the new Phenom II CPUs, too, we don’t see any improvement with ACC activated anymore. Not only our own tests, but also the comments from AMD engineers confirm this finding. So, when you attempt to overclock the Phenom II processors, you can disable ACC technology in the mainboard BIOS without any hesitation.
- So yeah may be but Raid5 is the only silver lining but with 790GX mobo and 780 in the same price range ..:eek:hyeah: and no ACC is not automatically disabled because of Phenom II any mobo runs at default first you need to enable it ...

krishnavamshi24 said:
Another peculiarity of Phenom II X4 overclocking is connected with Advanced Clock Calibration (ACC) technology. Some data suggest that it allows reaching higher overclocking results with previous-generation Phenom processors on mainboards featuring ATI SB750 South Bridge. Although it is formally supported by the new Phenom II CPUs, too, we don’t see any improvement with ACC activated anymore. Not only our own tests, but also the comments from AMD engineers confirm this finding. So, when you attempt to overclock the Phenom II processors, you can disable ACC technology in the mainboard BIOS without any hesitation.
- So yeah may be but Raid5 is the only silver lining but with 790GX mobo and 780 in the same price range ..:eek:hyeah: and no ACC is not automatically disabled because of Phenom II any mobo runs at default first you need to enable it ...

no i meant having ACC on the chipset(SB750) is completely useless for a phenom II, since they would get it regardless of what mobo you use.

Back