Storage Solutions Suggest a 16 gb pen drive

Tenzin

Disciple
Strontium Or Sandisk (Pen Drive)?

I want to buy a 16 gb pen drive.
I want to know which one would be better - Strontium or Sandisk? In terms of read and write speed.
Both are available at letsbuy at the same price.
Or any other company you could recommend at just a little over 1k.

dont go for the sandisk cruzer blade, the red and black one with no cover. The most useless pendrive sandisk ever made. gives 4.5MB/s write speed when in a good mood. otherwise it's usually in kBs.
I guess kingston is okay. But then sandisk was best in read/write speed and performance of the blade is a mess.

If you can afford it; get the corsair flash voyager GT instead of either of these. Built like a tank and writes nice and fast.

GT is 1600 for 16GB [see dealers section] or get Kingston.

I got Kingston 16GB at 950 with 250 coupon off from Letsbuy :bleh:

My experience with Transcend drives in terms of both stability and speed has been good. I would suggest you take a look at their High Speed series, like the 600 series

buy verbatim 16 gb pen drive . it gives > 10 mbps(around 12 mbps) of write speeds and its cheaper then corsair but the build quality of corsair is better. :)

Re: Strontium Or Sandisk (Pen Drive)?

Tenzin said:
I want to buy a 16 gb pen drive.

I want to know which one would be better - Strontium or Sandisk? In terms of read and write speed.

Both are available at letsbuy at the same price.

Or any other company you could recommend at just a little over 1k.
Buy strontium pen drive, sandisk gives pathetic speeds.

links with deals to these would be great

i need to buy one /two as well

incidentally i bought the 16gb cruzer 2 years back and it still works fine , this is the one with the retracting port.

Back