Monitors Suggest a 23 Inch 1080p LED Monitor

Looks like the GW2450HM is a good deal if you don't care much about accurate color. Its primaries seem to be quite a way off what it should be. It excels in every other area though so if you don't do any photo editing, it should be fine for you.

Looks like the GW2450HM is a good deal if you don't care much about accurate color. Its primaries seem to be quite a way off what it should be. It excels in every other area though so if you don't do any photo editing, it should be fine for you.

Colour can be accurate by adjusting in user mode. Just the default one has average colours. According to TFT central they adjusted and calibrated and the colour accuracy comes out excellent. Kindly read the full review http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2450hm.htm
Once calibrated the dE average was reduced to 0.8. This would be classified as excellent colour fidelity by LaCie
I do photo editing in adobe lightroom but I am not a pro just an amateur photo editor.

The calibrated settings of tftcentral are pretty pointless for us cos we don't have 1000$ colorimeters. What you'd be getting is a pretty poor out of the box dE of 3.4. Also the dE is roughly 0.8 after calibration which to anyone who's worked in the print world is piss poor. You'd expect something in the range of 0.3 or lower. Pro monitors from Eizo and NEC have a dE of 0.1 in adobe RGB which is a much larger color space than sRGB.

If you wish to do any sort of photo editing, I'd not recommend this. The green primary seems way off in the CIE plot.

The calibrated settings of tftcentral are pretty pointless for us cos we don't have 1000$ colorimeters. What you'd be getting is a pretty poor out of the box dE of 3.4. Also the dE is roughly 0.8 after calibration which to anyone who's worked in the print world is piss poor. You'd expect something in the range of 0.3 or lower. Pro monitors from Eizo and NEC have a dE of 0.1 in adobe RGB which is a much larger color space than sRGB.

If you wish to do any sort of photo editing, I'd not recommend this. The green primary seems way off in the CIE plot.

If you think dE of 3.4 is poor for colours that means Dell U2410 (dE 6.7) and Dell U2412M (dE 3.2) would have bad colours too. What model is good for colours under 12k budget?
MG0tX.png

Not sure of the U2412 but since the U2410 is a wide gamut display which is factory calibrated to Adobe RGB, its out of the box sRGB performance is piss poor. This is very well known - anyone buying a U2410 will know this.

If you think dE of 3.4 is poor for colours that means Dell U2410 (dE 6.7) and Dell U2412M (dE 3.2) would have bad colours too. What model is good for colours under 12k budget?

Not sure of the U2412 but since the U2410 is a wide gamut display which is factory calibrated to Adobe RGB, its out of the box sRGB performance is piss poor. This is very well known - anyone buying a U2410 will know this.

What about poor black levels (0.17) and contrast (770:1) of U2312HM? Doesn't it bother much?

Very recently purchased the BenQ GW2450HM online. Offers DVI-D and HDMI support. Integrated speakers are OK...not too great. Has different settings in menu for games, movies, eco, srgb, standard.
Supports 16.7 million colours. As a Designer, I am quite happy with it. Loaded color profiles from TFT central. Color profile on BenQ CD is pretty OK. Decreased the default brightness.

I was going to buy pricey Dell U2312, but it did not fit my budget. I can barely remember, but I am sure I read in somewhere that its anti-glare screen is too grainy. Moreover, no HDMI support (which I didn't really care about previously when I decided to go for IPS). Read a lot of reviews before settling for BenQ GW2450HM. Another great thing is three years onsite warranty included.

am using DVI, instead of D-Sub because as per TFT, 'theoretically', DVI gives better output.

Cost of the benQ??
List price is 12,500. Purchased it frm shopclues which claims to offer 3 percent discount...cost me 12080 by applying coupon for 100 rs discount... did not opt for COD...purchased by card to get 2 percent credited to account.

recently saw coupon posted by kooabs03 under shopclues deals and coupons thread which offers 7.5 percent discount with 500 rs limit...guess I should have waited! :dry:

I think it is all-in-one, 24 inch monitor for gamers, movie-buffs, designing, etc

- - - Updated - - -

gw2450hm.jpg
No room for the Epson TX600FW printer.

Back