Monitors Suggest a 23 inch LCD monitor.

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
I have to suggest a LCD monitor to a friend.

I had suggested him DELL U2311H to him, but dealers here in Surat are not able to source it.

Any idea or any dealer on TE have it it stock?

ANy other alternative with any other brand.

Requirements are
IPS Panel
23 inch or 24 inch
HDMI input

Please suggest me other options which I can look for and suggest him.

I dont see any other option besides the U2311H for the requirements you have mentioned. SMC, Delhi has it in stocks IINM and many of them have ordered it from them. Give them a ring and have it shipped through road using Gati or the likes. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

HDMI is not a requirement since he can make do with HDMI, DVI or Displayport interchangeably. :p

Contact Sachin (09818619622) from SMC International, here on TE.

I bought the U2311H from him a couple of weeks ago. They have it in stock !

psygeist said:
How is it for gaming ? I have been thinking of buying dell ultrasharp. I am a movie buff too.
Movies and Games usually don't go together. Gaming monitors are usually TN panels for quick response times, low input lags while movie monitors have better color reproduction and viewing angles.

@gannu and @rajshah

have already pmed SMC and Buygamingstuff about this monitor. neither have replied. SMC website says its out of stock. DELL rep on phone said not in stock not taking orders.

Looking at options guys how are BENQ / SAMSUNG / LG

@doc: buygamingstuff is out of the equation. He has already pissed off a lot of members due to his irresponsible attitude and the mods have locked his threads. I don't think Samsung/Benq/LG have IPS panels at the rate your friend is seeking. It may be worth a wait IMO. Did SMC tell you how long it would take before stocks arrive?

check out DELL sp2309w it is a 23 incher , 2ms response time + 2mp web cam mic combo + vga + hdmi + dvi-d + heigher than full HD resolution and a good color reproduction.

INR 14K.

EDIT - I visited SMC international today .. sp2309w is out of stock too .. restocking expected in 10 ~ 12 days

Budget??. As for gaming, IPS panels will have slow response times and you may notice slight ghosting issues on fast paced games.

thanks for the response guys.

At last friend was in urgent need and could not wait for availability of U2311H.

He decided to purchase Samsung P2370MS (the reason he went for it was because it has built TV Tuner and speakers)

Damn those Surat Distris, hardly any one keeps monitors above 19 inches. :mad:

medpal said:
thanks for the response guys.

At last friend was in urgent need and could not wait for availability of U2311H.

He decided to purchase Samsung P2370MS (the reason he went for it was because it has built TV Tuner and speakers)

Damn those Surat Distris, hardly any one keeps monitors above 19 inches. :mad:

Hey Medpal, I was looking to buy an LCD monitor and was interested in the Samsung P2370MS. There are not many first hand experiences to be found on the net. Could you ask your friend about his views towards the monitor? Will help me make my decision. Particularly about the Tv viewing.

@harish,

that samsung monitor is also out of stock.

we are expecting the delivery in 3/4 days. will update this thread as and when I have a look at it.

I called the dealers they had mentioned on website all quoted over 16K. You can check that too.

rest as for MRP there is a lovely shining * which says prices can change :) ... Its there in market since Monday, give a shot and call up couple of dealers.

Back